Fourth Day (29/10)

Honestly, I slept at four but barely sleep until it's dawn. I take my shower to make myself exhausted artificially but somehow, it didn't work. Knowing there's someone else in your house isn't a good thing for you to sleep peacefully. To arm myself, I always make sure that I have pepper spray or baseball bat on my hand. However, it just on the outside. Inside, I'm still a chicken. Who will not chicken out when you know there's someone who wants to kill you inside your house?! 

I have my shower for a very long period. And for once, I have a shower with my clothes on. It's not that I don't believe myself but thinking that there's someone in your house, it crept out of me, okay. And yes, I influenced from Hitchcock's Psycho. Thanks, Alfred!

I went to the kitchen with a baseball bat on my hand. I gripped it tight and firm at my hand. My palm sweaty which signed that I'm scared. Why did I keep repeating all this? So that you all know that I'm scared.

I charged my camcorder because I got something to do with it later. As there is no one believes me, so I need to do all this by myself. Like I always say, I'm alone in this situation. There's no one can depend on to so all I need for support is myself.

I cook a very simple meal that morning for my own self. It just an egg salad along with mayonnaise sandwich. For a drink, I prepare a hot cup of coffee to start my day. Brewed fresh from my coffee maker. An anniversary for our fifth year of marriage and miraculously, it still functioned well. I impressed with this brilliant coffee maker. Thanks, Kayden!

I had my breakfast peacefully. The baseball bat was still on my lap when I eat my meal. We don't know what might happen as it really dangerous for the current situation. After eat, I wash my dishes and for now, something happened.

A loud bang noise sounds from the bathroom. Just to let you all know, there is a bathroom in this kitchen and it still as big as my bathroom upstairs. It even has it own bath tub here so it makes much special for it. Forget about the bathroom, focus on the noise.

What is that noise there? I put my plate on the shelf before take my baseball bat ready with me. I hold it at the right angle and position also walking slowly to the bathroom. I try to make sure there is no sound of my step as it might attract the intruder to caught me red handed. And I also avoid from making any noises for the same reason. It's hard to live with a murderer inside your house.

I opened the door and found the shower is on and the water is hot. The room is all fumed with vapor from the water. My spine chilled for once. The room was unoccupied even there is someone who just turned on the water from the shower. When I shut the shower, the door was slammed shut loudly from outside.

I try to open the door but it was locked. I try to break the know but however, the door knob was tied to something else outside the room so I can't open the door. Then I checked on my window pane from the bathroom. 

Shit! All the windows in my house had been sealed together with a grill. I shake the grill few times before give up as I know that my over-effort shake won't give something in return. I sat on the stool thinking for what should I do next.

I then look at the window pane. My brain thinks of something that quite brilliant. I take one of the empty shampoo bottles and fill it up with water. When it full, I shut the bottle cap as tight as I can and aim to the window pane. Full of strength, I throw the bottle to the window. For seconds, I congratulate myself because I managed to break the window in just a single shot. Kudos, Gemma!

I take a piece from the shards and gripped it tight on hand. I opened the door and a string of clothes exposed as the tie of the door. I cut it torn and then opened the door bravely. How shook am I at that moment.

The masked man stands right in front of me with a cleaver on his hand. I don't know where my bravery comes from but I still can stand proudly in front of him. I hold my glass shard tight even I know it might hurt.

"Leave..." The word came up from his mouth.

"Who are you to demand so?"

He chuckled. I didn't get where he found things funny but he really crept me out.

"Leave!" His voice much firmer.

"I'm not leaving!"

He raises his cleaver and swings it to the door. I jumped a little bit because yes, there's scariness inside me, okay. Honestly, I'm super scared right now but I can't even move. I just noticed that I don't move because I'm brave but because I've crept.

"You scared, Gemma?"

"How did you know my name?"

He laughed. From his voice, I barely can guess who is he or what he wants from me. What that I know he is someone from my past or maybe Kayden's past. But Kayden has already died and I don't into guys too much. So, who is he and what he wants?

"What did you want from me? And how you know that I'm here?"

"I know you and Kayden."

"You killed him?"

"Let me think, hmm nope. There's someone else who killed him."

"Then who?"

"You, Gemma!"

I gripped his collar and pushed him against the wall. "You listen here, motherfucker! I don't kill my husband and I don't know who are you. Now leave my house!"

"Gemma, police don't believe you. You are such helpless. Even God are just way too busy to help you." He took the shard from my hand and severely wounding my hand.

I kneeling down bear the pain. He magically vanished from my sight. But from my blood that drops from the shards that he took away, I know he's heading upstairs. I take a piece of cloth nearby and use it as a tourniquet. I tie it hard on my arms then only I walked upstairs.

I entered my room and locked it tight. I then found out that my room had been messed up by someone and I know who did it. My camcorder had been destroyed brutally which ruined my earlier plans. I kicked the bed hard and it ached my feet. Somehow, my pain inside is harder.

I cry on the edge of the bed questioning what should I do next. Without supports, I feel so alone. Then I think if I was Kayden, what will I do? Kayden is a very tricky guy. By the style he flirts me before, I know that he's a guy with a plan. And that's quite dangerous.

So, to fight with someone, I need to have my own plan. Not plan but plans. I must design some and then fight it again. I will make sure he will proud of his wife even he's no longer here.

Yes, I will do it like I am him!