First Day (26/10)

I was in the car, looking outside, wondering why do I still alive. At some moment, I always wondering why do I still alive if I only bring come sadness and trouble instead of positive vibes. Do I actually deserve to be a human either? Honestly, I don't have any answer for that question. Fuck my life like seriously...!

That's one thing. Next thing is that I don't even know why there is still people who still loves me no matter how bad I behave. So a big gratitude I bid to them as still stay by my side. You guys are right. The top on the list is Greta and always be her.

"Do you need anyone to stay with you along the arrest, Gemma?"

"No need. I just want to be alone."

After I think about it wisely, I decide to stay alone in my house for the upcoming seven days. I think it would be a wiser idea instead of living with someone else even Greta. I don't know but for this moment, I just want to be alone.

We arrived at my house after about few minutes from the police station. Already waiting there are my sister and few police officers. My house door already taped with the 'do not cross' sign on it which intend to let intruders from not getting into it. At least that is what they say.

"Gems, you sure you don't want me to take care of you? Police say that there's an exception for that for you."

"I'm sure, Greta. Just pray for me, okay. And find me an attorney, okay. That's enough for me."

"Can I come to see you later, perhaps?"

"Sure! You can but I'm not sure whether the door will not lock or something. I think that they will install sort like the emergency alarm or something, right?"

"Yeah they will but you are the wife of Kayden Edwards. No one literally cares about the rules and regulations. The world is all about money and power and if you have one of them, they will ignore the offense that you commit."

"But not from former psycho."

"See, there is a huge gap between then and now. Then, you are a psycho freak who severely wounded your own friend but now, you are the wife of Kayden Struan Edwards, an infamous politician. People hate you then but pity you now. Not everyone thinks you are a murderer, Gems."

"Then make them not a police because those who think I kill Kayden is those police and not other civilians." I half yelled to Greta.

"Just be patient, okay. I know you are strong."

I then been dragged to my house. The house was a two stories bungalow with a lawn and a small playground in the backyard. The playground was built back to ten years ago when I first figured out pregnant of our first children. Too bad that I miscarriage after three months after that. Kayden was the one who raised me up even I'm at my worst that time. Thank you, Kayden.

"Mrs. Edwards, since you mentioned that you want to be alone throughout the arrest, we will seal the door and lock your gate. There also a detector to detect any dynamic from your house even outside at each gate. From today, you are not allowed to even came out from the door until the next seven days. The officers will come by to send you foods and groceries every day. Strictly no communication devices unless a phone to contact the police or other authorities."

I looked at some of the officers who still installing the detector at the main door and window as well. I'm not sure to determine how they get enough money to buy those expensive things. Is it from the taxes that the people pay to the government. Okay, my husband is a politician so I can't talk much about politics. Or else, the reason for me to kill my husband will be much clearer. And if that happens, The police's job will be easier as I will then assumed guilty for that crime.

"Once the detector noticed your movement out of the house or you bring in someone else inside the house, it will send the info directly to the station and we will reach here shortly. No noise, please. Anything you need, just call us."

They leave me in my house while Greta comes to me with a very sad face. On her hand was a hand-held camera in a box.

"They won't allow me to keep you a company."

"I know."

"However, I would like to give you this camera. You can record your own self during your time here. I know it would be beneficial for you soon."

"But why? It's not I'm having memory loss or something."

"Just do it, sister."

Then all of them leaving. 

So now I'm living in my house alone. A house that usually has few helpers but now only me alone. So, I actually feel quite relieved from it. I went to my bedroom, relaxing and then going back down to take some of my belongings.

After had enough rest, I have a shower and make it relaxing one. After that, I lay on the bed reading a novel. It just two hours and I already feels boring. I put the novel aside and taking the camcorder that given by Greta. I switched it on and then start recording.

"Hi, it's me, Gemma Aphrodite Edwards or you can call me Gems. I am under arrest until the trial which been held in another seven days. This is my first day so I'm still looking normal. Hope that it will last till the next seven days. My husband has murdered a few days ago and I was accused of being responsible for that. But seriously, I don't kill my husband. Somehow, my words are worthless so here I am right now. My life is pathetic. Please know that..."

Then I walked downstairs while my hand still holding and recording the surroundings.

"This is my house. This is the living room which I and my husband usually spend our time together. It still the same but the feelings to be here wasn't the same anymore. Compare to our room, here is much memorable as we two rarely spend our time there. So, it was not like how it used to be before. It stupid and lying if I  say I wasn't affected by his loss, Truth is I still..."

BAM!!! A loud bam sounds from the backhouse. I walked there confidently as I don't believe in ghost after all. To me, ghosts aren't real as if they were alive, where do they poop or at least where is their existence?!

It was stuff falling from the shelves. Also, the shelves were widely open. I take all the things and put it back on their original place.

"Just stuff falling onto the floor. So, I guess that's all for now. Will proceed it later."

I went back to my room. I missed Kayden. Seriously, I missed him. God, please make this week gone faster...