Chapter 4~ Cover Blown

As i see the target and his son being escorted out i try to give chase, only for a guard to tackle my legs, making me fall flat on my face. I quickly roll onto my back and lift my knee up to slam it into his face. I quickly got up, only to have to dodge a punch aimed for my face. I quickly rolled underneath the desk of the central computer and kicked upwards at whoever it was that was there.

As i stood someone snuck up behind me and put me in a headlock, cutting off the air to my lungs with his large biceps. I struggled against his arms, clawing at his arms, and though my scratch marks were evident, he barely budged. I swung my leg backwards, but it still wasn't working. My vision started to turn black along the edges when one of the guards outside went rolling inside, followed by Brett.

He took a few seconds to glance around to see what was going on, then came running in my direction, he jumped and slid across the desk then used the momentum to slam his fist into the guys face, resounding in a loud crack. The man lost his balance and let his arm loose to were i could slip out then do a round house kick to his stomach. As he bent down clenching it Brett did the final blow to knock him unconscious.

As i leaned against the desk trying to catch my breath Brett went around making sure everyone was unconscious. When he finally made his way back to me my vision had became clearer, but i still was breathing heavily.

"What happened" he asked trying to look me in the eyes, only i kept my gaze down.

"Cover blown" i sighed out.

"Did you figure out anything?"

"Yeah, this thing is a prototype, and it definitely is a threat if Oasis has it"

"What is it?"

"A smart computer"

"Smart as in..." he moved his hands in a circle.

"You type in a name it tells you everything about them, even their exact location."

"Yeah, definitely would be bad if it was in Oasis' hands. Here, since you're such a tech wiz, download what you can off of it, and lets ditch this place."

I nod and snatch the hard-drive from his hands, plug it in and start typing, trying to download the facts about this device onto it. After about four minutes i pull it out.

"Done"

"Lets go back to the rendevu point."

"Yes sir" i responded

Then we were racing out the tent flaps, making our way to were our pick-up should be.