Chapter nine

"I

"I..." Michael begins. "I just keep messing everything up!" He almost sobs and Mogar listens to him. "I ruined things back where I came from... Doing something I can't fix." He looks to face the city again. "Then when I escape to here and I make friends with Vav and X-ray... Only to ruin that as well..." He drops his head so his chin is against his chest as tears stream down his face. "I lied because I was scared of telling the truth but it ended up ruining everything. It seems that I can never have anything good..."

A gentle hand comes to his shoulder making him turn to see Mogar right next to him sitting like he is. "All deserve second chance." He says.

Michael sniffles. "But I did something that I can't fix."

Mogar smiles softly. "Mogar knows. Mogar thought that too."

Michael blinks in surprise meeting Mogar's eyes.

"Mogar thought Mogar did something Mogar couldn't fix. X-ray and Vav gave Mogar second chance." Mogar explains. "Let them in. They good."

Michael blinks then glances down only to flicker his eyes side to side in contemplation. "Why did you come to talk to me?" He asks glancing to the other.

"Mogar saw X-ray and Vav searching. Mogar went to try to figure out what going on. Mogar find you." Mogar explains. "Mogar help. You must talk to Vav and X-ray."

Michael glances away thoughtful.

....................................................

X-ray and Vav are running towards the forest hoping to recruit Mogar in the search when they stop as they see Mogar and Michael walking towards them.

"Micool!" Vav dashes forward and hugs Michael close practically in tears. "I was so afraid that you had ran off to your home world!"

Michael's eyes fall to half open. "I doubt I'd ever be able to go back... Not after what happened..."

Vav pulls away to look to Michael's face while keeping his hands on the others shoulders. "What happened?" He asks.

So Michael hesitantly told them the story and is crying at the end of it. "And no matter what I do I just keep messing it up! I keep hurting those that I care for!"

"That attack on Vav wasn't your fault." X-ray says.

"Yes it was!" Michael counters.

"No." Vav says sternly. "The Mad King was controlling you."

Michael blinks in surprise then looks up to Vav's eyes in surprise. "What?"

"He tricked you into that suit for evil purposes." Vav explains. "I broke the device he used to make you attack with before we came to find you. So you should be good. But it really wasn't your fault."

Michael slowly blinks in shock upon hearing this.

"But never mind." Vav says. "What matters is that you're safe and still here. You don't have to go back if you don't want to. You can stay here with us."

"Vav." X-ray begins.

Michael's eyes flicker down flickering side to side.

X-ray steps forward clearing his throat to get the others to turn to him. "Michael we can see why you are afraid of yourself now. Why you didn't socialize after you got here." He says. "But you just don't realize that you're really a good person underneath that fear of yourself. It's hurting and upsetting you." He tells him. "We all make mistakes and it is up to us to overcome them in our ways. And never forget that."

Michael nods with a sniffle and wipes one of his eyes with the back of one of his hands. "Thank you." He says gratefully. He is pulled into a group hug by the three and he is glad to have such nice people as friends.

They pull away then hear someone approach. They turn and find the Mad King.

"Aw. Such a sweet hug." The Mad King says.

"You!" Vav growls then tackles.

"Mogar! Help me!" X-ray says as the two dash forward before Vav can harm the Mad King.

The two pull Vav off of the other and away.

The Mad King is leaning against his elbows on the ground.

Michael walks over to the Mad King who blinks and looks to him as he stands in front of the other. He then smiles and slightly bends over offering his hand to the other surprising the other. "Wanna be friends?" He asks.

"After all that I've done?" The Mad King asks hesitantly.

"Mogar is right. Everyone deserves second chances." Michael says. "Even you."

The Mad King glances to Michael's hand then hesitantly reaches a hand towards the offered hand but pulls it away. "But... I don't know how to be good." He admits.

Michael smiles more then grabs the Mad King's hand helping him to his feet. "They can teach you." He gestures to the three behind him.

The Mad King turns to the three.

Vav has stopped struggling and now sits leaning against Mogar while X-ray is standing next to them.

The Mad King glances away almost as if ashamed but Michael encourages him to go. He moves closer then stops head down. "I'm sorry for my actions." He says almost hesitantly as if not sure how to word it. I wanted to stand with you X-ray when I first met you... But... I was raised to be evil.... I didn't know any other path....."

X-ray is surprised but then he walks over to the other to stand in front of him. He reaches over taking one of the others hands lifting it up to chest level. He puts his other hand on top of the Mad King's hand to sandwich his hand as the Mad King looks to him in surprise. He's smiling. "Welcome to the group new friend." He greets.

The Mad King smiles. "Thank you." He says gratefully.

Michael turns to the city. "Now it's my time."

Everyone turns to him and he glances back to them.

"Thank you for all you've done." Michael says.

Vav dashes forward to him. "You're not leaving are you!?!" He questions. "You can stay here!"

"It'll be okay." Michael says. "Well it should be." He turns and heads back into the city the others following.