Chapter five

The costume consists of a light brown and tan bear hoodie with what looks like ripped off sleeves where the ripped parts seem to stick up as well as having some around the neck area as well as the bottom ends of the gloves

The costume consists of a light brown and tan bear hoodie with what looks like ripped off sleeves where the ripped parts seem to stick up as well as having some around the neck area as well as the bottom ends of the gloves. The hood is of a light brown bear with a black nose and some white fabric teeth on the end of the hood by the nose area as well as the inside of the ears being a tan color. The hood also rests on the top of my head when pulled up so my bangs are still visible. The torso part of the hoodie is a tan color as if to go with the brown theme. The gloves are light brown with black stretchy bands around the wrist area to keep them on and the tan ripped parts on the other end of the stretchy bands so it is at the bottom ends of the gloves. The gloves also allow my fingers to be free though I have found that somehow my nails have become a black color as well as growing to have pointed tips like they are meant to represent claws. The bottom part of the costume is some brownish yellow pants that shouldn't rip when running or jumping or whatever else I'll be doing in chasing bad guys. There is also a black belt that I can add if I want which I have decided to wear anyways to be double sure that the pants don't just fall off... Though they do fit nicely after all so really it's just a better safe than sorry thing.

I am wearing the black runners that I came here with as they are the best and only shoes that I have. I pick up the final piece of the costume and look it over only to gently rub one of my thumbs over the soft fabric.

It's a black mask to put over my eyes then to tie around the back of my head and of course there is eye holes.

Finally I move the hood just long enough to put on the mask then I put the hood back on now looking back at myself in the mirror.

It's not easy to tell for sure that it is me and I definitely looks different than before.

I take a deep breath through my mouth only knowing that now that I am suited up it is time to join X-ray and Vav. I then pause as I realize something. "Shit. My voice." I say out loud only to notice something. My voice sounds just a touch deeper and almost as if it harnesses the growl of a bear in it. "Well that worked out." I brush it off and I head out putting my clothes under the blanket on the couch. I hurry off wondering where any trouble is happening. I am walking for a while then I round a corner and I see some commotion so I move around the edges of the crowd until I can get a good sight of what is going on.

There is where I find X-ray slightly crouched on a robot that is a little in the air while he fires at others robots as the one he is on can't reach him. Meanwhile Vav on the other hand is concentrating on keeping one of the bots that came after him at bay using one hand to have the other hand to be ready to block another robot if it comes after him.

"Haha!" A voice from above where a man on a platform that is floating with what looks like fans or propellers. "Now with these bots I will finally defeat Vav and X-ray by tiring you two out! That is all there is to my master plan! I simply wish to be the first villain to truly win against the two of you! Fame here I come!" He then laughs maniacally.

I spot a way to help then I notice another robot going after Vav so I hurry slamming into it. I sink my claws into it to test out my new powers and I find that my claws, that are really my nails, are quite tough. I rip the robot open and it falters so I push it away jumping away from it.

The robot smashes into a wall and seems to malfunction no longer responding to anything.

I turn to Vav who is still mostly concentrating on the other robot. I go over to be standing so I am behind him but a little to the side so I am kind of diagonally behind him. "What are you waiting for?" I demand making Vav jump and his eyes widen in surprise. "Throw it into a wall. They seem to be cheaply made. It should malfunction."

He seems to mentally agree that it is worth a try so he moves his hand causing the robot to follow as if trapped in his gloves power. He makes it slam into a wall and as predicted the robot malfunctions a little causing it to wobble having trouble doing what is commanded of it as it is released from Vav's gloves power.

"That's the way." I smile then I head after another robot as we continue to fight.

We continue fighting until all the robots will no longer answer the creator.

"NOO!!!!" The man screams and we look up to him.

"Give up!" X-ray demands.

"You won this round!" The man then hurries away as fast as he can.

"You could hit him with your glasses." I tell X-ray who looks at me uncertainly but he does it anyways managing to hit what the man is riding on so the man falls down right to where police are. "And with that all of this is done." I turn to leave worried that if I stay around then they will find out who I am.

"Hold it." X-ray demands making me pause. "Who are you?"

I smile softly to myself. "An ally." I answer simply and I am about to leave.

"What do we call you?" Vav questions.

I hesitate on answering that. I haven't actually thought of a name just yet. I feel so fucking stupid for forgetting about that part. I quickly think of a name to call myself. "You can call me Mikey." I tell them then I head off away from the scene. I wait until I get a good distance away before slowing down slightly panting. I have made sure to take turns here and there to help hide me from sight. I lean against a wall with a heavy sigh. "Mikey?? Seriously!? My first thought for a name was an old nickname from.... Gavin..." I flinch as I remember by old friends and what happened. I shut my eyes tightly and I shake my head. "No. I can't think about that. I did the right thing. If I was just going to hurt them I couldn't stay." I open my eyes half way and my vision blurs slightly with tears. I raise a hand to wipe my eyes. "Damn it." I push away from the wall and begin walking away. "I need to change and hide this outfit before they get back." I say to myself as I walk.

No one's P.O.V.

"Do you really think we can trust him?" Vav's voice comes from down the hall in which Michael raises his head.

Michael had been checking out a book he found in the main room and puts it away on the coffee table as the other two come into the apartment.

"Seriously Vav? It's too early to tell I think. At least for sure. Something is going on though." X-ray says then he and Vav turn to see that Michael is also here.

"Hey Micool!" Vav bounds over to Michael settling next to him on the couch. "You'll never guess what happened!"

"What is it?" Michael tilts his head though he does his best to hide that he knows what is going to be said.

"There's some new guy trying to make it with us. Some ally according to him." X-ray explains though Michael doesn't miss a flash of something in his eyes.

This worries Michael as he wonders if X-ray has picked up on the truth of who that really way... But then if he has... Why hasn't he said anything?

"Well he helped us so that's a point to him." Vav counters.

"Yeah yeah. I'm gonna shower." X-ray waves it off then heads to go take that shower.

"So Micool." Vav says getting Michael to turn back to him. "Here's what happened..."

................................................

A chuckle enters the room before a voice speaks.

"I've got him."