Familiar Stranger

Start from the beginning

The room turns a deadly silent but I pay it no mind and grab the water before turning around. My jaw drops when my eyes find Y/N. She's taken her coat off and I can plainly see her swollen belly. She looks about 7 months pregnant.

I can't move, I just stare at her, watching as she places a hand on her lower belly and back sighing before she sits down

"Well I think we're just gonna-" Liam starts but she quickly shuts him down.

"Oh please stay," Y/N says quickly, reaching her hand out to stop them. "I really want you all to hear this to avoid confusion and so there are witnesses."

I'm nudged forward a bit harshly and I look over to see Niall standing next to me, then start walking. I make it to the couch and hand Y/N her water, remaining standing in front of her with a wide eyed and shocked stare.

"Y-You look-" I stutter, my voice cracking. Clearing my throat, I try again. "You look great."

"Thanks," she snorts, opening the water and taking a drink. "Please sit down, I really need to discuss some things with you."

"Obviously," Louis mutters and Liam slaps him upside the head.

"First, I wanted to apologize for the last time we saw each other. I was freaking out and that's why I left," she places a hand on her belly. "If you have time later I'd really like to explain myself more but that's all you need to know for right now.

Second, I'm just over 30 weeks pregnant, which is 7 months, and you are the father." The lads and Paul start protesting but she holds up her hand to quiet them. "We will get a paternity test if that is what you wish, but Harry, you are the only man I've ever been with so I'm 100% certain it is yours.

I didn't come here to try and swindle money from you. If you don't want anything to do with her I understand, but I thought you should know she exists," Y/N continues. "I'm perfectly capable of raising a child on my own."

"She?" I interrupt softly, finally getting my wits about me. All this information is hard to take in and I have so many questions.

"Yeah," Y/N replies gingerly, rubbing her belly softly.

"We're having a girl?" I mumble again, my feet carrying me over to her.

"Yeah," she smiles at me. "I have a photo if you'd like to see it."

"Yes please," I take a seat next to her.

"It's in my-" Y/N starts then sneezes cutely and a smile spreads across my lips subconsciously. "Crime in Italy. I need the powder room."

"What's happened? Are you alright?" I rush out in worry. I haven't been there for her and I really want to be.

She giggles and looks at me with a soft smile. "You're cute. Nothing's wrong I just peed a little. Progressively over my pregnancy I've lost some bladder control. Now whenever I sneeze or cough or laugh too hard it just slips. Though it doesn't help when she's sitting right on my bladder like she has been the last couple of days.