Familiar Stranger

"We've been One Direction!" I shout into the microphone.

"Goodnight everyone!" Zayn adds and we go down on the lift and under the stage.

Finally another show over and done with. I love it but after a while it gets exhausting. I huff as I jump off the lift and meander through the halls and into the dressing room, following the other lads.

"Oi Harry mate!" Niall shouts, jumping on my back and pulling an arm around me. "Wanna watch a film?"

"Sure Niall," I smile at him. He cheers and takes off down the hall, all giggles and adrenaline.

We're in San Francisco, two shows away from  finishing the American leg of the tour. Luckily they're all here so we don't have to travel anymore. I love when that happens.

When I enter the dressing room, everyone is shouting and hyped up, dragging each other into the craziness. Niall is running around, trying to tickle Zayn, who trips over Louis' foot, who then falls into me and we all tumble on the ground, Liam finally catching Niall around the waist and halting his pursuit. After a laugh, we get up and begin to change, shoving each other around.

"Harry!" Paul calls over our shouting, drawing everyone's attention. "There's a girl at the back who says she knows you and would like to see you."

"What's her name?" I ask, not sure who he's talking about. It could be anyone really, I know a lot of people.

"She said her name is Y/N," Paul says and I notice he is holding a phone away from his ear a bit. I suspect the guard at the backdoor is on the other end telling him all this. Paul must notice the blank expression on my face because he keeps talking into the phone. "What does she look like?"

That name didn't sound even remotely familiar. After a second, he holds out his phone for me to see. A pretty girl with bright eyes and long hair stares back at me.

"Oh yeah," I remember. "Show her back."

"She's pretty," Niall says, looking over my shoulder before Paul can take his phone back. I turn away from the door and quickly finish getting changed, fixing up my appearance a bit because I'm meeting someone now. "I'm guessing we're not watching a movie."

"Oh please. We met at a club about 7 months ago. We had a fun night but ... the next morning she just left. Never heard from her again," I tell them honestly, feeling a bit nostalgic for that night. I really did have a blast, one of the best nights in a while actually, then she was gone when I woke up. I was gutted. Laughter erupts from the lads and I roll my eyes, snapping at them sarcastically. "Oh ha ha."

It's a minute before they calm down, but I'm glad my sorrow amuses them. I finish getting ready, retying my headscarf around my hair to hide some of my sweat.

"How long ago was this?" Louis asks and I turn to see him poking his head out of the door.

"Bout 7 months. Why?" I ask but before he can answer a girl walks into the room. I instantly recognize her and bite my lip, she looks stunning. She's wearing a knee length tight black dress with a cute redish jumper over top and a trench coat style pcoat.

"Hi Harry," Y/N smiles at me bashfully.

"Hi love," I grin and take a step near her.

"Could I sit down?" she smiles tiredly.

"Of course," I gesture toward the couch. "Would you like some water?"

"Please," she says and I turn and walk to the other side of the room to grab her a bottle of water. "Thank you for seeing me. I was nervous that you wouldn't, and I really needed to talk to you."