Did you know?

"Silent Night" was originally written in 1816 for guitar because the local churches organ was broken.

Magnavox introduced the first video game system, Odyssey, in 1972.

New York City Boston, and Hartford put up the United States first community Christmas trees in 1912.

The names of the eight reindeer were published in 1823, in Clement Clarke Moore's A Visit From St.Nicholas

In Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964) the Bumble's one weakness is that he sinks.

Millions of viewers around the world enjoy the Rise Parade on New Year's Day.

The story of Frosty the Snowman is narrated by Jimmy Durante.

Egyptians, Hebrews, and the Chinese used evergreen trees, wreaths, and garlands as a symbol if eternal life

In Finland, Santa is called Joulupukki.

The story of Jesus Christ's birth is told in the gospels of Luke and Matthew.

The classic holiday tune "Jingle Bells" was originally written to celebrate Thanksgiving in 1857!

Holly berries are actually poisonous, so don't accidentally mistake them for Christmas candy!

More than 50,000 letters to Santa were delivered to Mr. Kringle at the court house in Miracle on 34th street.

The US Postal Service delivers around 20 billion letters, packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Gingerbread cookies were made famous in the 1600s by a guild of bakers called the Lebkuchler of Nuremberg.

The War of 1812 ended on Christmas Eve.