Xhiani's Magic Side

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chapter Twenty-Two: Yemini Coven

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I heard giggles as I made my way toward the kitchen. Last night was a bit awkward, if Xhiani would have walked a few minutes earlier.....I don't even want to think about it. I feel so bad, we shouldn't have done it in the first place. There's a child in the house for God sake's. I just, I felt so disappointed, because it makes me question what sort of mother I am.

I just, I don't even want to be here anymore. "Mommy! Daddy made me heart shape pancakes! Isn't he awesome?" Xhiani spoke excitedly as she moved around in her chair, pinching the pancakes with her fork, biting it.

"Yes he is." I gave her a small smile and turned to look at Xhian. "I'll go home now." I stepped into the kitchen as I made my way toward Xhiani, brushing down her hair as I kissed the top of her head. "Stay for breakfast mommy?" Xhiani asked as she glanced up at me, her eyes begging me to stay.

I sighed, "Fine." I groaned as I shook her shoulders and she giggled, "I'll stay, but you have to give me a kiss first." I pouted my lips as I leaned my cheek toward her, tapping it with my point finger. "I'm waiting." She leaned in and pecked my cheek, "Aw, thank you."

I gave her a smile as I sat down next to her, tickling her as I pulled her into a side hug. She offered me some pancake with her fork and I bit it, shaking it as I looked at her with wide eyes. She giggled, leaning back.

I chewed with a hum as I stuck my tongue at her, looking in front of me when Xhian put a plate for me. "Thank you." I turned to look at Xhiani, "Finish eating okay?" I told her and she nodded her head, pinching the pancake with her fork.

I shook my head with a small scoff, only Xhian would give her a pancake bigger than her mouth. I cut her pancake into smaller pieces with my fork and knife so she could eat them better. "Here princess, a glass of apple juice." Xhian placed a glass of apple juice in front of her as he winked at her.

She turned to me, "Mommy, daddy has something in his eye." She spoke confused, not knowing yet what a wink was. I laughed, shaking my head at her. "No, daddy is just being silly, now eat before drinking your juice."

"Yes sir!" I scoffed with a smile on my face, shaking my head. She sure is something else.

We finished eating and I went to wash her hands in the bathroom, "Mommy, I want to watch Disney Channel." I went to the living room with her after and turned on the television, changing the channel to Disney Channel.

She sat down on the carpet as she watched Disney Channel eagerly. "I'll go help daddy in the kitchen." She just nodded and I smiled, making my way toward the kitchen. Xhian was leaning against the counter as he eat his pancakes. "Why can't you sit down and eat?" I leaned against the doorway with crossed arms.

He shook his head, "I'm done already." He turned around and placed the plate in the sink and I shook my head, he hasn't changed. Always eating in a rush. "We need to talk." I uncrossed my arms as I stepped into the kitchen, "When do we not have to talk?" He put emphasis on the not as he scoffed, shaking his head.

Glasses clunking made me gasp as he turned around, "Yemini, when will we stop talking and start doing things? You're all about the talking." He barked out at me hushly as he made his way toward me, "Let's start doing, so I'll ask this." He stopped in front of me, a small space between us. "Do you want to be with me, yes or no."

My chest rose up and down as my breathing slowly started to spike up, my lips trembling as I stared at him, my eyes glinting with upcoming tears. For the first time, I was speechless, I didn't know what to say, I didn't know, I just...I didn't expect him to ask me that.