Abandoned and Attacked

Wolf’s POV

    Our parents just left us in an alley, alone, with nothing but our hunting knifes and two drachmas. Unlike with most demigods, our mom explained to us what we are, but didn’t tell us who our dad was! She explained that our dad was a greek god and we were demigods.

    Swoosh. “Did you hear that?” I asked with my ears perked up. “Yeah, but-Watch out!" Night yelled. As always, I was one step ahead of him and ducked, rolling onto the sidewalk as I did. Between me and my twin stood two horrific beasts known as Furries. “Run, we’ll meet up at the park,” I said to Night, who nodded and he turned and ran. One of the Furries took off after him.

    “Well, well, well. So you want to face me on your own little demigod? Ha! That’s your mistake,’” the Furry said and stepped towards me. I pulled out my knife just as it lunged. I ducked to the side but whirled around faster than the Furry could react. Just as I plunged a knife into its heart, and it exploded, two guys came around the corner with weapons drawn. One had black hair, onyx eyes, was wearing a black hoodie and jeans, and had a sword pointed towards where the monster was before I killed it. The other had an orange shirt on that read “Camp Half-Blood” and blue jeans, he had curly brown hair, with horns poking out of the top, and brown eyes, had a broken branch and was wielding it like a baseball bat.

    “Who are you?” the first one asked.”Wolf Redflame,” I whispered loud enough for him to hear me, “You?” “Nico Di Angelo and Grover Underwood,” said the second one, who I could now tell was a satyr, as he pointed at the other boy and then himself.

    I nodded. “We’re here to take you to Camp Half-Blood. There was supposed to be another person with you, do youknow where he or she is?” I shook my head while walking towards the park across the street. “When was the last time you saw him or her?” asked Nico. “When two Furries attacked us. He lead his away and we agreed to meet here,” I whispered while looking at the sky and sitting down on a bench, “And I’m not leaving without Night and Mavis.”

    “Who’s Mavis?” asked Grover. “My daughter,” I whispered and started walking towards a tree nearby. “Your what?!” yeled both boys at once. “My daughter,” I repeated after picking up a sleepy 6 year old girl from a bush below the tree. “Mommy?” asked the little girl while looking around. “I’m here sweety. Uncle Night should be here shortly, too,” and with that she fell asleep in my arms. “How do you have a daughter at 16?” yelled Grover. “Shush. If you wake her up I will hurt you, and, to answer your question, I had her when I was 10 because raped. I didn’t get an abortion because it was her father’s fault not hers,” I said in a monotone voice, “Plus, it’s none of your business.” “Sorry, for yelling and for what happened to you,” Grover said to me after seeing the anger in my eyes. “I don’t want your pity,” I spat. I hate it when people asume I need or want their sympathy.

    I sat down on the bench again and made sure that Mavis was in a comfortable position. “We need to leave as soon as possible,” said Nico while leaning on the tree beside the bench. “Well, I’m not leaving without Night,” I said while sniffing the air. “Why’d you aniff the air?” Grover asked in a quiet tone. “You should be able to tell by my smell, satyr,” I said while looking at him. His eyes widened as he took in my scent, “Your a hellhound!” “No, I’m an okami,” I said and seeing as they were confused, elaborated, “Meaning I’m half canine, along with Mavis and Night. My canine side just happens to be a hellhound.”