Chapter 22

"Mommy, there's someone at the door knocking." Julianna says running to the kitchen.

"I'm coming baby." I said.

I walked over to the door, and the lovely scent of roses filled my nose.

"Nicole O'Brien?" A younger boy asked.

The Flower Cart was printed on his black hat in white lettering with a rose curved below it.

"That's me." I say.

"These are for you." He says.

"Thank you."

I closed the door behind me, and carried the roses to the living room.

"Those are so pretty Mommy. Who are they from?" Julianna asked.

"I'm not sure." I say.

I looked around the large bouquet, in search for a card. Between the beautiful roses was a thin white card.

Just a small token on how I want to show you that I appreciate you and want to pick up the pieces I broke. Here's to baby number three. There's no one else I would want to mother my children but you.

I tucked the card back into the roses, and slightly smiled

"Did you find out who they are from Mommy?" Julianna asked.

"Yes Baby. They are from Dylan." I said.

"They are pretty." She says as she finishes drawling her picture.

Isabella was laying on her play mat, grabbing her toys. Her little legs kicked and her hands moved around.

I grabbed my phone and sent a text to Dylan.

My heart was slightly racing

My heart was slightly racing. I was nervous about this all. But I was glad he was making the first moves to fix what was going on between us.

I carried Isabella to the play room where Julianna followed. I played with the girls for a few hours and then it was time to get ready to go to Dylan's.