Chapter 6 ~ Deceiving Looks

Start from the beginning

Lucas wasted no time & started running in my direction. I was already at the top of the staircase & booked it down the hallway once I realized that he was still trying to keep me from Dylan.

At that moment, terror & panic filled throughout my entire body. I’d only known the Hearts’ for what, four day? I didn’t really know them. Lucas could be chasing me down to hurt me for all I knew. Sure, he seemed nice, but looks can be deceiving.

“Stop right there!”

I was running out of time. He was gaining on me. Just about tripping over my own feet, I swung open the first door that was closest to me -- only a closet. Two more doors to check. I could do this!

Lucas was up the stairs five seconds later, when I’d just opened the second door. Pink met my eyes as I quickly took in the walls. There were pictures of flowers also covering the walls. Dylan was nowhere in sight, so I began to close the door but froze when I noticed that Lucas took another step & was right there next to me & the open door. My eyes widened, & I pushed the door into Lucas’s face. I took advantage of the second of surprise to leap another step closer to the last door.

Dylan had to be in that last room, beyond the closed door.

“No!” Lucas shouted right before I tripped & fell on my hands & knees. There wasn’t any time. I couldn’t think, so I acted. Crawling to the door that was almost in my reach, I was quickly stopped. Lucas had a hold of my right high-healed boot. He tried to pull me back, but I had the cream colored carpet in the death grip as I yanked my feet away from Lucas. I managed to escape his hold because my the boot he was pulling slipped off.

I jumped to my feet & grabbed the doorknob. “Wait!” Lucas hollered, sheer trepidation clear in his voice. He was behind me, still fighting to stop me, but it was too late. I’d opened the door. A scream flew past my lips.

The first thing I noticed was the blood on the carpet -- it wasn’t much, but it was still blood. The second thing I noticed wasn’t Dylan. There was a huge wolf with golden eyes next to the bed. It had black fur & was quietly growling, its eyes locked on mine.

“Dylan,” I faintly heard Lucas whisper so quietly, I don’t think I was meant to hear it. Oh my god! Dylan! My eyes scanned the animal again, stopping on its mouth. Bits of dried blood was all over, near its mouth. It…ate Dylan! My mouth was already wide open, ready to scream again, but I couldn’t make a sound. The wolf ate Dylan!

It suddenly made a horrible noise & before I realized what was happening, Lucas was next to the animal, holding it down. The wolf continued to make awful yelping noises.

Now, I know I’d viewed Lucas as an enemy a few minutes ago, but now all I wanted was for him to get out of the way so he’d be safe. I mean, what the hell was that idiot doing?! He was going to die if I didn’t do something! I went against my instinct to run away & forced myself to move toward Lucas & the wolf.

I was about to pull Lucas back to the door with me, when he said with a clenched jaw, “Stay back, Bliss. Leave.” He meant it. I’d never heard him sound so…demanding. But there was no way I’d leave him alone with a killer wolf!

That was when something so unbelievable & just…impossible happened. The wolf’s jet black fur was replaced with skin -- Lucas wasn’t holding down the wolf anyone, he was holding down Dylan. I gasped, blinking repeatedly as I tried to process what had just happened.

A wolf had transformed into Dylan Heart right before my eyes. It was impossible, but I’d seen it happen!

I noticed the dried blood on Dylan’s face, realizing it was probably from the fight at school. Fresh blood covered his left hand, & I wondered why. But there were so many more questions I wanted to know the answers to. It wasn’t until Lucas tossed him a blanket from the bed that I realized that he was completely naked. He wrapped the blanket around himself & finally met my eyes.

All I could do was stare. I had absolutely no idea what to say, what to think. This had to be a dream or something. It should’ve been impossible, but I’d witnessed it with my own eyes.

Dylan Heart was a werewolf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy crapola! I FINALLY finished it! I’ve been completely focusing on schoolwork, so it’s been hard to find time to write. Plus I’ve been lazy. So…now Bliss knows! Whoop, whoop! I hope you liked this chapter! This chapter is definitely dedicated to xSoaring_Angel93x because she told me she was going to read this story again (she’s an awesome fan & was one of my most frequent commenters on the original Pure Bliss! Yes, she’s that awesome, she decided to re-read this after reading the first badly written draft!) Okay, so this next chapter will be exciting. First, Dylan explains himself. Then, the first Mystery P.O.V.

……..Comment……..Vote………if you love it! ;)

~Mebby88