Chapter 3 ~ Save Me

Pure Bliss ~ Chapter 3 ~ Save Me

Recap: My eyelids felt heavy as I looked up to see a blurry person looking down into the water. The person jumped in the lake.

That was when I closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dylan’s P.O.V.

“I hope this tour of the school was helpful, Mr. Heart. It’s always a pleasure to have a new student & I hope you’re adjusting well to Meadow Lane High School,” Principle Camillie said in a professional voice, shaking my hand.

I put on a fake smile, waiting for him to stop shaking my hand.

I’d just had a tour of the school after the first day. Why would you need a tour after you’ve already managed to find your way to each class? Sure, a tour would have been nice before today. My mood was bitter. Lucas didn’t even know I would be late, he was expecting me to have already been home.

“It was nice to meet you, Mr. Heart,” Principle Camille said with a smile & finally stopped shaking my hand.

I grimaced, beyond annoyed. Another thing that was turning my mood sour, most of my teachers kept calling me Mr. Heart. Why couldn’t they call me Dylan instead? Last time I checked, my name was not Mr. Heart. Of course I knew that they knew my name, but it still deeply annoyed me.

“You can call me Dylan,” I muttered.

“If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me,” he went on.

Keep your temper in check, Lucas’s voice ran through my mind. Rolling my eyes, I knew I didn’t have to worry about my temper right then. I wasn’t mad, I was just annoyed.

“Sure,” I said, subconsciously taking a step back.

“Good day, Dylan,” he said. Thank you! He finally called me Dylan like a normal human being!

I nodded. “Thanks again for the tour. I guess I’ll see you around.”

“Certainly,” he said, nodded once, & walked away.

I sighed in relief that I was finally free to go home. “That was hardly bearable,” I muttered to myself, turning around.

To my surprise, there was a tall redheaded girl standing now in front of me. She had green eyes that reminded me of Lucas’s & was wearing a friendly smile.

“Hello, Dylan Heart,” she greeted.

I stared at her. “Uh, hello?” I said it as a question & chuckled quietly. “Have we met?”

She smiled even bigger if possible. “Of course, I was one of the girls that asked for your number.”

My eyes widened. “Oh,” was all I said, unsure of how this conversation was heading.

I’d been asked out by a lost of girls today that I’d kindly declined. I for some reason felt horrible for forgetting some of their faces, as stupid as the guilt was.

Suddenly, she burst out laughing, snorting & everything. “You should see the horrified look on your face! I was only kidding!” she giggled. “It’s kind of sad that you believed me.”

I flushed, laughing a little. “Well… you looked so serious & a few girls did ask me out today…”

She shook her head, smiling. “I’m Emma by the way. Emma Lillian.”