Boulevard of Broken dreams

Naruto Angst songfic

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But it's home to me and I walk alone

A hunched over figure trailed in the shadows of the red light district. That where he lives. He has no one.

I walk this empty street

On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Where the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk alone

Lights shine in the houses, laughter coming from them. The now identified boy never spared them a glance, but inside he was breaking. He had no one.

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a...

Gaara found his people. He found the people that cares for him. His brother and siter. The now identified Naruto still has no one.

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

He has a heart. He has no soul. That's his fate as a jinchuuriki. He had told Neji that fate does not exist. But he wondered, purhapse that it is fate to be sealled for the demon, to be the sacrifice that no one will appreciate?

Sometimes I wish someone up there will find me

'til then I walk alone

Iruka-sensei was the only one that recognized him. But he can't stay with him forever. He can't bring him home. He can't save him from the villagers' wrath. Their beating. He has no shadows. He belong in the shadows.

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, aaah-ah,

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah

I'm walking down the line

That divides me somewhere in my mind

He has a line. A lava border. He stands to close to the lava already. The lava of insanity.

On the border line

Of the edge and where I walk alone

He's on the edge all right. He's on the edge of insanity. Kyu told him his mind is cracking up. No one can save him. No one shares the same fate.

Read between the lines

What's fucked up and everything's alright

Everthing. Everything with shit on top.

Check my vital signs

To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

He's alive. Physically, not mentally. He wishes for somebody. For them to see him, to care for him. He lived, depended on the fake smile he wears everyday. His teammates never noticed the slight irritation of a bruise earlier by a drunk. They never noticed a limp in his step that wasn't healed by Kyubi yet.

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk alone

I walk a...

Loner. Demon. Kyubi brat. Monster. It. He was never truthfully, Naruto. The real Naruto is dark. Broken. Sad. Lonely. He thought he has found somebody, but it turns out to be wrong. No one. He noticed Kakashi's lateness, his sad chakra, but he didn't bother Naruto. He knew. Kakashi was Inu. The Anbu in his childhood that keeps him sane. They uses to be depended on each other, keep each other up. What changed?

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone up there will find me

'til then I walk alone

He won't have to wait. His shadow is his friend. His heart is his shell. The some one, is no one.

Ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah, aaah-ah

Ah-ah, ah-ah

I walk alone

I walk a...

I walk this empty street

On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

When the city sleeps

And I'm the only one and I walk a...

He said that he has dreams, but uthey crack a bit every time. Every day. What is his dream, exactly?

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me

My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

Sometimes I wish someone up there will find me

'til then I walk alone...

He doesn't know the real him anymore. His mask has been kept on too long, though he did know his introduction was untrue.

His name is Uzumaki Naruto, that's true. He loves ramen, that's true. Guess it's a genetic thing, or purhapse the Ichirakus were the only people that cared to sell his food without raising the taxes. He hates the three minutes for the ramen to cook, yes, but he hates way more of this... Village full of ignorant fools. He hates his real way of life. His hobby is not to eat his ramen. His hobby.... Is to be hurt. His dream..... He's not sure what his dream is anymore.Hokage? A recognized shinobi? He doesn't know.

He doesn't believe in dreams anymore. His goal is to live.

He never noticed the figure watching him sadly on top of a building.