Five

||Chapter 5||

||Chapter 5||

Before you knew it Dazai was already leading you through the busy streets. He stayed awful close to you, you didn't know if he did this out of habit or if he was keeping a close eye on you.

The streets buzzed with the soft chatter of conversations as swarms of people briskly walked past the both of you. The sun flooded down through the parted clouds to warm your delicate skin. The sweet scent of freshly baked sweets filled the air and tickled your nose, the day was young and gorgeous but you managed to be held captive by this strange man.

Something warm delicately wrapping itself around your hand, snapping you out of your trance.

"This way, I know a short cut."

You looked down to see a bandaged hand wrapped around yours. Dazai easily maneuvered the both of you through small crowds and around familiar buildings.

After a few minutes of speed walking you were both standing in front of your apartment door. Dazai released your hand and gazed down at you with his casual light-hearted smile.

You looked up at him, shocked that he actually knew a shortcut to your very own apartment. The longer you thought about it the more horrified you became, how long has this man known you?

You quickly broke eye contact with Dazai and nervously laughed, trying to break the strange silence. You didn't want to reveal any signs of hesitation so you shoved your hands into your pocket to grab your keys. After unlocking your apartment door you slipped inside, Dazai followed close behind you.

The apartment was well lit due to the fact that nearly all of your windows were left open since yesterday, you had never gotten a chance to shut them. Luckily you lived in a friendly neighborhood where not many people would dare to rob another persons house.

The both of you slipped off your shoes, you were debating whether you should quickly shower or just change clothes.

"Er, have a seat. You can turn on the TV if you'd like."

A warm but fake smile was plastered on your face as you tried to convince him you weren't a nervous wreck.

Dazai replied with a smile and nodded his head. You turned around to walk to the restroom but a hand was restraining you. You turned around to see Dazai hovering over you.

"Make any wrong move and it could be your last."

His voice was low and his dark orbs intimidatingly started you down. His smile had vanished and his eyes narrowed as they stared into yours. You were petrified, your body stiffened up and you were left wide eyed, staring into his eyes.

"I-I won't."

You nervously gulped, you had no idea if a tiny little retort like that would satisfy this man. Dazai continued to scan your eyes as if he could see the answers swimming around in your [E/C] orbs. Hell, for all you knew he could see what your were thinking just by your eyes.

Dazai released his grip on your wrist, allowing you to sprint away into the safety of your bathroom. You quietly shut the door and locked it, you let out a heavy sigh and tried to regulate your spastic heart rate.

You already had a fresh change of clothes sitting next to your sink since yesterday. You quickly undressed yourself, feeling the slight discomfort that a stranger was in your apartment. You turned on the shower and stepped in, continuing your normal shower routine.

After you finished your shower you dressed yourself and brushed out your hair. You unlocked and opened the bathroom door, you stepped out and walked to the living room. You seen Dazai patiently waiting on the couch for you, as he seen you walk out he stood up and smiled.

"Ready to go?"

His voice was filled with joy, it was as if he had completely forgotten what had happened nearly a few minutes ago. He looked down at you and slipped his hands into the pocket of his trench coat.

You couldn't help but stare at him, you realized how slim he was and how perfectly his clothes fit together. Despite his warm smile his eyes were like bottomless pits, they showed no signs of emotion. You were afraid if you looked at them for too long you would get sucked in.

"Is something wrong?"

His voice was like velvet, but it brought you back  to reality. You turned your head and blushed, realizing how long you were staring at him.

"Uh, sorry. I spaced out."

You lied to him and stewed in your own embarrassment. He chuckled lightly at your reaction. You opened the door and the both of you walked out together, he lead the way to the cafe he talked about earlier.

You were still thinking about what happened and how embarrassing it was. How long did you stare at him? You did have to admit though, he wasn't that bad looking.

"Oh God, [Y/N], snap out of it!"

You thought to yourself, oh how quickly this was turning into a cliché romance novel. You pushed the thoughts out of your head and focused on where Dazai was taking you.

The both of you didn't speak a word to each other as you made your way to the cafe. Dazai came to a abrupt halt, you looked around him at the building that stood in front of you.

"Isn't this the same building we left from though?..."

You questioned, unsure if this was all just a sick prank. Dazai nodded his head.

"Correct! You see, the Agency has their own cafe on the main floor, the food is great though!"

"Oh great..."

You thought to yourself, maybe he wanted you close to the Agency so you couldn't harm him.

(Thank you all so much for the support! I can't believe some of you even like this story! I'm extremely sorry for the long wait, school has taken away most of my precious time.)