One

||Chapter 1||

||Chapter 1||

The cool wind brushed against your cheeks as you briskly walked back to your apartment. A warm smile was plastered on your face and your [E/C] eyes were glistening with excitement, your mind was buzzing with new ideas for your book.

You had recently graduated from college and decided to spend the beginning of your new life writing books. You lived in a small but comfy apartment where you spent most of your time writing books.

Despite the normal life you always wanted you were stuck with a disturbing burden. You were 'gifted'. Your ability was Loot, it allowed you to gain any ability by simply witnessing it.  Such an ability was considered a myth, most ability users have heard of the ability but never believed it existed.

You despised this ability, when you first realized you had this ability you were astonished, you thought it was amazing! You frequently used multiple abilities to trick people and goof off.

Your fun was quickly cut off by reality, other ability users had found out that you had this ability. The word of your ability had quickly spread to gangs and large groups of rebels, they would often try to fight you. It was an endless cycle of running and hiding, you had never realized that people would be so desperate to capture you.

After that incident you vowed to never use your ability, only if it was to save others or yourself from danger. That was why you devoted your time to gain a normal life style.

You weaved through the groups of people that crowded the streets but a certain person gained your attention. You stopped in your tracks to analyze this person.

It was a tall slim man, he looked around his early 20s. He had brown, slightly curly hair that framed his face. He wore a long tan trench coat that stretched below his knees, under that was a black vest that hid a striped dress shirt that had a light blue hue. On his chest was a shiny turquoise pendant that was held together by a brown ribbon.

His professional dress wear wasn't what caught your attention, the bandages were. He had white bandages stretched along his neck and his sleeves were neatly rolled up to reveal more bandages on his arms.

Before you realized how long you were staring the man had turned around to face you and started walking in your direction.

You panicked, your immediate reaction was to look the opposite direction and walk away like nothing happened. Before you could make it very far you felt a light tap on your shoulder. You slowly stopped to turn around and face the stranger.

You hadn't realized before but he was tall compared to you, being that you were only 5'3. The brunette had a warm and comforting smile stretched across his face.

"I couldn't help but notice such a beautiful young woman standing by her lonesome. Could I get your name?"

You could feel a blush creep upon your cheeks, his voice was velvet and calming to hear.

"I-It's [F/N]. [F/N] [L/N]."

The mans face instantly lit up.

"Really? Your name is [F/N]? It's a pleasure to meet you! My name is Dazai Osamu. I've read one of your books, you really are gifted."

His warm smile was quickly replaced with a mischievous one.

"I guess you're gifted in two ways."

His eyes narrowed, leaving him with a dangerous aura. Did he already know that you had an ability?

Your body seemed to freeze in place. You laughed nervously and tried to brush off the strange feeling.

"Uh, it was nice meeting you and all but I have to leave."

Before he could protest you turned around and began to walk away. A hand firmly grasped your shoulder preventing you from leaving the strange man.

"It would be a shame if I let such a rare beauty leave me, wouldn't it?"

His voice was hushed, you could feel his hot breath brush against your ear.

By now every nerve in your body was screaming 'Danger!'. In a panic you attempted to use one of your abilities, Rashomon. Nothing happened. You tried to use a different ability, again, nothing.

Dazai grinned. "Is something wrong?"

In one swift motion you turned around, using all your might to swing your fist directly at his face. His reflexes were quicker than yours, he had already grabbed your wrist.

He looked at you disappointedly. "That's not very nice, [F/N]." A hint of artificial sadness laced his voice.

You twisted your wrist, escaping his grip. Adrenalin was coursing through your body, shoving your fear aside you shoved Dazai away and quickly turned around. Your legs started moving on their own, before you knew it you where sprinting faster than you ever had before.

You were too fearful of what monstrosity was chasing behind you. Before you knew it you were standing in front of your apartment door, you quickly unlocked the door and rushed inside. You slammed the door behind you, using your shaky hands to lock the door.

Your whole body ached as your back slid down the door, you kneeled down into a feeble position. You never thought your whole day could be ruined by a single person.

(Requested by @Sakura7773)