Chapter 6

Laylas new mansion was absolutely incredible, she had gone from a small house and working in Taco Bell to a mansion in the suburbs in one day. It was decorated with gold gems and beautiful shades of pinks and blues. If it wasn't pink it was white or gold, and every room was absolutely massive. It was decorated to the highest standard. The living room had three creme quilted sofas arranged in a half a square with beautiful bouquets of flowers and vanilla scented candles lit around the room. Everything was absolutely amazing. 

The kitchen had gold tiled floors, and white cupboards with gold desk and counter tops. Little gold accents where on the doors, the fridge was bigger than Layla's whole kitchen at home. She even had a massive cinema room, with a little popcorn machine. But that wasn't all, her bedroom was so beautiful, she had a big round princess bed that she could have only thought up in her wildest imaginations or dreams. For the first time in Layla's life, she had a walk in wardrobe, full to the brim with designer clothes, all glitzy and glamorous. Layla was in absolute shock, she couldn't believe how lucky she was, how much god had blessed her. 

A tear came to Layla's eye, a tear filled with pure happiness but it didn't have a chance to fall before she heard a ring at her new door bell. She went down the stairs a little feet pitter pattering along the marble floor. Layla opened the door slowly wondering who it could be. 

Hakeem stands there with a red and white nike wind breaker pulled over his head and a pair of sunglasses covering his eyes. When he sees Layla his face lights up with happiness and he smiles slowly. Next to him Cookie Lyon is stood with a big fur coat on and a pair of black leather high heeled boots. 

"Hey boooo!" She screams throwing her arms open. 

Layla felt her heart warm, she smiled shyly Cookie Lyon was one of the most amazing people she had ever me, and so kind. 

They hugged tightly and Cookie walked into the big house adjusting some items which she had in her hands, that were in a red silk bag. 

"My turn," Hakeem said a look of love on his face. He stepped forward and hugged Layla, his big hands on her small waist, sending shivers up her spine. His plump lips kissed her forehead as she giggled nervously. 

"You're so cute when you laugh, baby," His hands slid down to Layla's bum and she giggled again. 

"Hey enough of that Keem, leave the poor shawty alone, dumb ass!" Cookie turned around and whacked Hakeem with the bag she was carrying. 

"Alright momma, alright," He pulled away reluctantly, but winked at Layla making her smile. 

"Do ya'll wanna come through," Layla offered walking through to the lounge being followed by two of the most famous people in the world, she was still in awe.

Cookie sat down on a big fluffy arm chair, and Hakeem lounged back on a pink sofa. 

"We here because we already got yo first job babygirl," Hakeem said. Layla had butterflies in her stomach. 

"Wow what is it?" Layla asked excitedly. 

"There is an award show tonight and yo gon' be Keems plus one!" Cookie said clapping her hands together. 

"Oh my lord Hakeem, are you sure?" Layla asked nervously.

"Of course, little ma," He said sincerely. 

"Thats not all gurl, you gon' be singing there as a guest performer!" Cookie squeals, "In front of the best people in the business boo boo."

Layla thought she might faint she was so happy. She knew she would get nervous, but her dream of singing on stage was coming true. 

"I cannot think of a way to thank ya'll enough!" She said shaking her head. 

"You don't need to boo, just put on the stuff in this bag while me and Keem get ready, we got our team of makeup and hair people outside so they will get yo shit sorted," Cookie nodded.

Then Cookies phone went off from inside her coat pocket and she rolled her eyes and pulled it out. 

"Lucious I swear if that's you imma beat yo ass boy," Cookie yelled, "I told you not to call me ten times over dumb ass little son of a..." 

"We gon' get ready put these on," Hakeem ignored his momma and handed Layla the bag. She unzipped it and peeked inside to find a dress that was sparkly all over, the most glitzy glamorous jewels she had seen in her life, it was so pretty. Not only that, but a pair of shiny silver high heels AND a matching clutch bag. 

 She grinned so happily, as she took them and went upstairs to get all ready for the best night of her life.