The pistol felt heavy in my hand now, but I still held it up. I wasn't shaking anymore, I knew what I had to do. I pressed it up against his head, exactly on the X that I had drawn on him. I could see how stiff he was now, not moving at all. 'I'm sorry.'

Xaez gave out one last soft screech. 'Don't do it.' 

Tears streamed down my cheeks, "Why? Why did you do it!?" Xaez hissed and nudged my shoulder with his head. He made that little twitter. I couldn't tell if he was angry or not, I'd expect that he would be but instead he seemed to be trying to cheer me up.

"I don't want to see you..." I whimpered lowering my gun, and turned away from him trying to find the strength to keep standing. It took some effort, but I went to my backpack and started to look through it. The military had taken my food from it which I didn't appreciate at all, I growled to myself and wiped away some tears.

Prone was still in my head, like he was still here and I could just turn around and tell him that we needed to get food. I shook my head, 'Prone's gone, he's not coming back... All I have is Xaez now... My friend killing pet...'

Xaez screeched to try and get my attention. I still didn't look at him, "Xaez, please, shut up... we need more food..." I closed and swung my backpack around my back, holstered my pistol, and started to walk off in the direction that I thought would bring me to a store.

"Let's go Xaez..." I looked at him but only for a few seconds before I turned back to walk.

He stayed silent, just following me. I knew he was, I could hear the soft crunching while he walked on the leaves and twigs.

'At least he listened to me... I have to forgive him. He protected me before and he'll protect me again, I know he will.' I sighed, tears were still running down my face, 'Xaez and I, we'll make it through this, I can learn to trust him again.'

I looked back at him again, his markings were beginning to fade, not so badly that I'd have to remark him, but enough that the little glow wasn't there anymore. 'He'll protect me' I peered down at my watch, 2:39 PM. 'I still have plenty of time to grab what I need before it gets dark.'

"Xaez." I called to him although I knew he wouldn't answer, "Where do you think we should go to sleep when it gets dark? You know the other Xenomorphs so you should know where they won't go."

Xaez made a quiet growl and stepped up beside me. He looked at me and did that little grin of his.

I tried to resist smiling with my tear stained face but I couldn't resist. 'I couldn't of survived without him.'

He ran a bit ahead of me like he used to when he was a 'chestburster'. 'He's just going to lead me to the store like usual' I smiled, "Just run Xaez, I think I need a little jog."

Xaez screeched, now louder and did as told. He sprinted off toward the left and I followed behind him.  It felt good to run now, to get my mind off of things. The thoughts still lingered in my mind though, 'Prone and my family are gone, everyone is gone...' I shook my head, 'No, you have Xaez, he is your family, he'll protect you and you'll protect him. You don't need anyone else.'

I looked down at the ground as I ran, I made sure I didn't trip over any roots or face plant into a tree. We ran for about ten minutes before I ran out of breath and stopped to lean against a tree. "Wait, Xaez." I called to him.

Xaez paused and looked back at me. He tilted his head and looked forward.

"I just need a break, I'm tired..." I tried to catch my breath, "See any stores?"