Chapter 7

"Home sweet home.." I mumble to myself, as I look from the trees at the house I have been staying at for the past few days.

I rub my temples as I slug my way over to the house.

"They are so loud." I mumble to myself once again. I finally reach the door and was about to knock before I twisted handle to find it unlocked.

I step inside to find myself in the kitchen. Emily, a lady with a scar on her face, probably in her mid twenties, looks up surprised.

"Find a job today?" She ask, tilting her head.

"Not today but there is always tomorrow." I force a smile. It's been two days since I was in the presence of my imprint.

And I'm pretty sure we all know not being around an imprint causes unimaginable pain.

My heart feels like it's been ripped out, stomped on, and stuffed back into my chest.

I can't sleep so I'm really grumpy.

I look like a swamp monster as my hair is really tangled, has leaves and twigs in it, and just overall horrible.

I have grass embedded in my skin and all I need right now is food and a nice long shower.

She seems to believe my fakeness as she gestures to the living room, presumably where the pack is.

She continues focusing on whatever food she is cutting, and I nod to myself as I walk into the living room. I devour the chicken breast I took front he kitchen on the way there.

They take one look at my appearance and they burst out laughing. I grumble, pulling a twig out of my hair.

"What happened?!" Sam laughs.

I flip him off and turn away.

Truth is I fell into a ditch. Don't you dare start laughing.

I stomp up the stairs and into the bathroom. I turn the nob and don't even wait for it to get warm.

I shiver at the coldness that is progressively getting warmer. I see some shampoo and pour about a quarter of the bottle on my head.

I reach out from behind the shower curtain and grab a face towel from the cabinet.

I lather it up with soap from the soap dish, and then proceed to scrub as hard as possible.

I already feel refreshed as I wash out of the soap from my hair and turn off the water.

I grab a bigger towel and wrap it around my body as I step out.

I find a note on the door that says some clothes are in Sam's and Emily's room.

I walk to the room across from the bathroom and walk in. It is pretty spacious as it is the master bedroom.

I look around until I spot some clothes folded on the bed with another note on top.

I pick up the note and begin reading.

These are Leah's hope you don't mind.

-Sam

'Oh I definitely don't mind.' I think to myself.

I pick up the shirt and shorts and her scent instantly fills the air.

Strawberries and fresh baked cookies. Kind of a strange combination but it is heavenly to me.

I put on my bra and then the clothes and a pair of socks I stole from Sam's closet.

I relish the scent and walk down the hallway to the guest room I currently am staying in.

I hop into the warmth of the covers and await the long night ahead.

But then my window opens. Why did I leave it unlocked, who knows.

I am facing away from the direction of the window and I do not plan on turning over to see what it is.

I pull the covers over my head and pray I don't die.

Then the covers are pulled out of my hands and I'm face to face with Leah.

She has an amused face as her eyes flicker to my lips. I lean forwards and she sits up quickly, still straddling my legs.

"I haven't slept since the last time I saw you." She mumbles, looking everywhere but me.

I nod and lift up the covers next to me and pat the bare spot.

She slowly gets up and lays next to me.

The bed is not that big so we are basically spooning. Her being the big spoon and me being the little one.

And slowly, in what seems like forever, I finally fall asleep.

-

"Rose. Rose wake up." Leah's voice says pulling me into reality.

I am drenched in tears and I'm panting.

And then everything floods back. The day I was taken..it wasn't very pretty I can tell you that.

"I'm. Fine." I push out, in between pants.

She just nods before completely laying back down. And surprisingly she pulls me as close as she possibly can, burying her head in the crook of my neck.

And with my cheeks tinged red, and a grin on my face, I find sleep once again.