012. interview & real life

CHAPTER TWELVE ;
June 1st, 2016

"It seems we are having some difficulties, huh Eleanor?"
About half way through her interview, the video cut out on her end. Could be from the weather, could be because she turned her camera off and played it as a 'technical difficulty' just so the interviewer, and the world didn't see the annoyed expression on her face.
"Yeah sorry about that. It seems my face won't appear. Hm." She pretended to fiddle with her computer on her end, making a clicking sound with her nails on the keyboard.
"We'll just finish the interview like this. So, where were we?"  The interviewer looked at her stacks of paper, Eleanor couldn't remember her name, was it, Regina? Or Gina? Something like that, it truly wasn't important.
"You were asking me fan questions." Eleanor said impatiently, rubbing her hands over her face
"Right. Question number 1. Have you ever worn a wig? Our sources say they saw you and Mr. Grant Gustin out and about with blonde hair, but a few days prior you had red hair."
Our sources? What happened to this being fan questions? "I thought these were supposed to be fan questions? What do you mean by our sources?"
"Right, anyway. Next question, are you and Michael Clifford still a thing?" The interviewer continued, ignoring Eleanor's question
"No. We were never a 'thing'. We met once, completely by accident and walked out together, again completely by accident." Eleanor's patience was slowly growing thin. She knew this interview was gonna be like this, but she had kept some hopes up in case she was wrong.
"Well our sources say-" Regina or Gina started
"Well your sources are false. Where are the fan questions you promised?"
"Hm sure. Next question, are you and Grant Gustin together?" Yet again ignoring Eleanor's own question, replacing it with theirs
"Grant and I are very good friends, but no we aren't together. What is up with you asking about my relationship status? I thought these were supposed to be fan questions?" Maybe Eleanor asking yet again, for the third time, would be the charm
"These are fan q-"
"No they're not. I get questions about my favorite Pokémon from my fans, not my hair or my relationship status. So please, if there's an actual fan question in there somewhere, please ask it now."
"Yikes, somebody's snippy. Next question, is it true that your sister is a lesbian?"
"Yeah we're done.This interview is done. Have a great day."

✧✧✧

Eleanor slammed her laptop shut and let out a loud groan. She can see all the articles being written about her right now. 'Eleanor Marley wears a wig?' , 'Minor still a thing? Read more to find out'. It's all bullshit, absolute bullshit. Then for her to bring up Helena's romantic interests? So inappropriate, and so so frustrating. Sure all three of the Marley siblings are in the spotlight, constantly, but something's should stay private.
After a few minutes of recomposing herself, she heard a knock at her door, then Helena's face popping out from behind it, "Sure come in I guess." Eleanor laughed, waving her sister to come all the way
"Hey." She said as she came in and shut the door behind her then sat down on Eleanor's bed, "How ya doing, birthday girl?" Helena asked, placing her head on Eleanor's shoulder
"So I guess you saw that god awful interview?" Eleanor asked, picking at her fingernails, leaning her head onto her sisters
Helena nodded her head, "Mum watched it too. Lucas said he watched it as well." She sighed, "What a bitch."
Ellie let out a small laugh, "You could say that again. I hate interviews like that. Not a good way to start a birthday." She sighed
Helena took her head off her sisters' shoulder, "We should go outside. Go shopping. Do something fun."
"Sister day?" Eleanor asked, her eyes widening, "That would be the best birthday gift ever." She clapped her hands in excitement
"Then it's Sister day!" Helena jumped up, nodding her head in agreement, "Got any ideas what you wanna do, birthday girl?"
"I have the perfect idea on what we can do."