Chapter-6 We Meet Again

They all looked at me like I was lying. They finally realized that Rick might have been Klaus. We all took one last look at each other before we took off running towards the doors. We ran through the halls sliding when we turned and listening for any noises. 

I stopped and listened. I heard glass crash and somebody running. I looked to my left waiting to see who was running towards us. Elena came around and ran into Stefan's arms. She was saying in between sobs. 

"Klaus is Rick.....Bonnie is fighting him!" She said as Stefan held her. I turned to Jeremy,"Jeremy, you go get Caroline and Tyler out of here.

He nodded and started running. I looked to Damon, I didn't know what to do so I waited for him to say something. 

"Elena, show us where they are." Damon said still looking at me. Elena kept a hold on Stefan's hand as we followed. 

We got to the cafeteria in the middle of the school. Bonnie was standing there and Rick was slowly getting up from the floor. To my right, Elena was screaming for Bonnie. Bonnie turned around as soon was Elena started to run towards her. She somehow used her magic to close the doors and keep us from getting him. Not even Stefan or Damon could open it together.

I went up the the window in the door and watched Bonnie strike Klaus over and over again with pain. I heard Elena gasp whenever he screamed with hurt. I couldn't see him hurt like that anymore and tried over and over again to open the doors. I couldn't break the magic bond that sealed them.

I started to cry and turned around and crossed my arms around my chest. I put one hand through my hair and kept it there. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my back. I turned around to find Damon with a sorry face for my pain. I looked in his eyes, and put my arms around his neck and put my buried my head in his chest. 

I calmed down. I head myself think, you need to stay strong, straighten up and deal with it. I agreed with the voice inside my head and slowly pulled myself out of Damon's hold. I nodded at him and noticed there was no more noise. I straightened up and walked over to the door. I saw Bonnie on the ground, but no sign of Klaus. I pulled on the door to find that it opened easily. I went inside looking to find Klaus anywhere. 

He was gone.

I felt Elena run past me and fall to the ground to help Bonnie, I heard no heartbeat and knew she was gone. There was no point in trying to help her. Elena was on the ground crying and pleading for someone to help her. "no, she can't be gone. Stefan help her. Give her your blood. It will heal her and everything will be alright. Right? She can't be gone."

I shared a sorry face to Stefan and looked at Damon, who was looking at Elena with sorrow. You could tell he cared for her and would do anything to keep her here. I respected that. 

"Take Elena back to the party, I'll deal with the body." Damon said as Stefan tried to help Elena off of the floor. She refused and turned to Damon.

"Damon this isn't a body, it's Bonnie!"She started crying again and Stefan picked her up and took here back to the dance. I looked at Damon and put my hand on his shoulder. I had tears in my eyes and nodded to him. 

"I know what you did, I heard you talking to Jeremy and Bonnie outside the school. You did the right thing. It was believable and for now Klaus is gone. He will be back you know that right Damon?" I said to him and turned and started walking away. 

I walked and walked and walked until I made it back to the Salvatore Boarding House. I walked in to check up on how things were going. I opened the door to see Elena crying and talking to Bonnie on the computer. I smiled. They were happy. I looked over to Damon and saw him turn around and walk up the stairs. I quickly followed him and was seconds behind him. 

He walked into his bedroom and kept the door open, I took that as an invitation inside. 

"Damon, I need to talk to you." he was standing by the window, staring at the outside. 

"We'll, talk." He said not moving. 

"We kissed and then I ran away, I'm sorry. My whole life I've only been with Klaus and we kissed and somehow I forgot about him." He turned around and got closer to me.

"And, what now?" he said with a grin on his face. 

"I leave Mystic Falls before Klaus can find me." I said not completely sure of what I was doing yet. 

"Klaus is almost gone, and you are going to leave before anything else happens? If you leave, I will find you and bring you back. We need you here Danny." I smiled and he grabbed my hands and put them in between his. 

"We'll I guess I could stay a little bit longer." He smiled and nodded.

I turned around to walk out of his room, but before I could I was spun around and was less than an inch from his face. I looked into his eyes which were widened with surprise. 

He leaned down and kiss my lips, I didn't leave this time. For some reason, I forgot about everything. We pulled away and we were both smiling. 

I backed away, we were still holding hands. "Till tomorrow, Mr. Salvatore?" I smiled, using my strong English accent in the sentence, sounding as if I was back in my time.

He was surprised by my accent, I usually hid it and mixed it with my American one. 

"Tomorrow, Miss Foster." I smiled and walked down the stair to see Elena still talking to Bonnie, and Stefan watching them. I started walking to the door and looked back one last time. 

I was happy that Elena's friend didn't die. She risked her life with Klaus for her. 

I walked out the door and closed it behind me. I took a step and felt a burning sensation in my neck. vervain. It was in my system and hurt like hell. I was gasping for air. I fell to the ground and was caught my someone. Before I could see who it was, everything turned into blackness.