run away

all cas wanted was peace. he never got it in los angeles. his brothers were monsters; clawing at him anytime they got the chance. the day we had to leave was when michael chased down cas at the store and shot him in the leg.

michael: SCREW YOU FAGGOT.

cas: I'VE FOUND LOVE, MICHAEL. NONE OF YOUR SHOTS CAN TAKE ME DOWN. I WILL KEEP MY HEAD UP AND YOURS BELOW MINE.

i loved the bravery on him; it only came in times of panic. i cried for the first time in years that day. jess suggested we get away from the mess that is america and come with sam and her to italy. i wanted to leave as much as cas did, but i couldn't pull myself to leave when i still hadn't met my mom. i had searched for her my whole life and didn't know how to leave california without finally talking to her. we looked for her for two days, doing whatever we could to find her. we finally got an old newspaper from her neighbor.

"mary winchester died in a house fire 2 weeks after giving birth to her second son, sam."

i didn't know why all I could remember was what she looked like and what she sang to me before i went to sleep. i felt like i could throw up. cas grabbed my head and put it on his shoulder, kissing me on the head repeatedly. we left one hour after that. if that wasn't enough closure, that's all i was gonna get. cas had nothing to hold onto in america anyway. all his worst memories were held there. his brothers hated him; michael, lucifer, and metatron. his dad; morgan was horrible to him too. cas would give anything to have a loving family, but he got the short end of the stick when he was born into the novak family.