GLAIZA: I know.

...

I was stepping backwards on circle while looking at my opponent who was doing the same. Nakapalibot ang lahat nang nanonood sa amin habang nagbabatuhan na ng mga pusta. Their roars increased after a while, encouraging us to start the fight.

The woman that I was up against, was looking deeply into my eyes. She was ready for it. But just like every fight, I did my usual strategy of letting my opponent do the first moves. And eventually... she did.

I took a solid punch on the stomach and another on my face from her bare fist. Naramdaman ko ang sakit, pero hindi ko na masyadong ininda dahil sanay na ako rito. Hinayaan ko lang siyang sunud-sunurin ako ng mga suntok sa mukha at katawan.

I didn't intend to show people how weak I was or how early I was willing to give up; but letting myself get hurt was what always triggers the darkness inside me to come out.

My mind remembers the memories that continue to haunt me. Every touch, every word, every pain... they all invade my trapped soul. Then I become the monster that has yet to be destroyed. I become the nightmare, which even myself was scared of.

After taking a few more punches from my opponent... my vision changed. I was starting to feel numb, and everything was blurry. Then I heard a voice inside. The voice that turns my life into a complete nightmare.

I closed my eyes for a second, feeling the blood rush down my cheek; and the moment I opened them again... I lost myself.

Hindi ko na alam kung ano na ang nangyayari sa paligid ko. All I know was that, I was seeing my opponent's face change into the faces of the people who destroyed the person I once was. The people who crushed the young girl who could see the bright side of life. Those who made me forget to feel human.

It was an intense match. My opponent didn't make it easy as she fought almost as hard. Nang mapahiga siya at dumagan ako sa kanyang bewang para unahan na siya sa pagtapos ng laban ay para bang namanhid na ang buong katawan ko. In the fight, we choose when to give up. And I already saw that she was about to, based from how she could barely guard my throws.

Eventually... she did.

I got up as everyone around us cheered, and then I helped her stand up. That was how matches normally go. They were all friendly street fights. Walang mga samaan ng loob o personalan. Pare-parehas lang kami ng mga trip sa buhay kapag nagkakaroon ng ganito.

"Great match. You did a good number on me. Next time ulit?" My opponent said as she gave me a pat on the shoulder.

I knew she looked worse than me. There was so much blood on her face and her lower lip had a huge cut. She was also clinging to one of her shoulders, obviously in pain.

"You weren't so bad yourself. Yeah, next time." I smiled a bit to show concern, and returned a pat.

Nang simulan ko nang maglakad papalayo, tanging pagod lang ang naramdaman ko. I was so exhausted. I couldn't completely feel the pain of the bruises and cuts on my whole body, because they were all still numb. I didn't even bother wipping off the strains of blood.

"Another good one, Glai." Sabi ni Barry nang lumapit siya sakin at iniabot ang nakarolyong pera.

"Oh hey, Glai... wanna hit the bar tonight? Tara! Panalo ka naman ulit oh." Masayang aya naman ni Ethan.