Chapter 5 Drink To Forget

(Song: You by Keaton Henson)

Standing before the mirror, he held his head up high fixing the colar of his atire. Kanaya, Feferi's jade blooded servant had given it to him to wear. In his opinion it looked like a princely garb, too formal, nothing like his lab coat. Suddenly the clicking of what sounded like heels echoed from the hall. Feferi appeared in the doorway. A beautiful gown graced her most lovingly shaped body, the curves of her breasts were lined perfectly and her hips fitting under the long length of her dress. Sleeves of silk attached to the side of her gowns torso, leaving her freckled shoulders bare. The curls of her hair framed her face in the most adorable way possible, and her glasses seemed to enlarge her almost hypnotic fushia eyes. "You look )(andsom." She spoke softly. Her melodious voice was a precious drug-like substance to him. She took slow steps towards him and once reaching the point to where they were only centimeters apart, she merely began to tease him. "Danc-E wit)( m-E?" Feferi said with a friendly smile in which Eridan returned. "For you, anything." While the budding flower of his flushed feelings bloomed for her he knew she thought of him only as a friend, nothing more. Lacing her fingers with Eridan's, she guided him out of his lab. Sollux capturing the scent of her perfume.

Entering the ball room they were separated. Eridan pulled aside by the Empress and Feferi by her friends. "Walk wit)( m-E, Dr. Ampora." The Condesce commanded. Quickly complying with her demands he took to her side as she walked past the guests. "I int-End to b-E AWAR-E of your -Ev-Ery proj-Ect, F-Ef-Eri t-Ells m-E you )(av-E b-E-En quit-E busy in your lab as of lat-E. W)(y mig)(t t)(is b-E?" Eridan prepared himself to explain his experiment. "Yes, I havve plans to build the perfect soldier, one that wwill put an end to this awwful rebellion. It is all a wwork in progress and once it is done I promise you vvictory of this wwar." Though it was definitly what she wanted to hear, she was more interested in something else. "Y-Es, but I s-E-Ek to control my )(-Eir-Ess and )(-Er d-Ecisions t)(oug)( I will not liv-E for-Ev-Er, I will n-E-Ed your )(-Elp to contain t)(is wild c)(ild of min-E, you ar-E in no position to r-Efus-E I'm afraid." Eridan nodded obediently, she was his Empress and he shall bow to her every will. And just like her he was swift to spring to Feferi's every command. "None the less your highness, I am nothing but loyal to you." Eridan said showing he was willing to do as she asked. "T)(at is w)(at I -Exp-Ect of you, but know t)(-E task I )(av-E s-Et out for you is not an -Easy on-E." The violet blood shook his head. "Easy as or not I wwill do as you ask." The entire time he spoke she smiled becoming quiet pleased with him. "T)(-En you ar-E p-Erf-Ect for suc)( a proj-Ect for it is your n-Ew -Exp-Erim-Ent t)(at )(as broug)(t t)(is id-Ea of min-E to lif-E." "Of course." Eridan was quick to answer, wanting to know what she had in store for him. ")(ow would lik-E to mak-E anoth-Er on-E of thos-E soldi-Ers...p-Er)(aps in t)(-E imag-E of my )(Eir-Ess." The Aquarius stopped abruptly, staring at her with eyes the size of the moon. "W-wwith all do respect are you sure your highness, I dont see reason in that." "T)(at is w)(y I s)(all t-Ell you my plans for t)(is -Empir-E, for I )(av-E s-E-En t)(-E ruin s)(-E will bring up on it. T)(-E bloods will collid-E and t)(-E anci-Ent ways of our soci-Ety t)(at w-E )(av-E follow-Ed for ov-Er a millennium will collaps-E, I'm afraid s)(-E is not fit for t)(-E t)(ron-E." He felt like he'd been handed the soul of every living thing and with one word they would drop like domino's. The Empress looked him in the eyes, his young and vibrant while her own faded. "Now T)(at w-E )(av-E )(ad t)(is conv-Ersation I f-E-El confid-Ent t)(at you will mak-E t)(-E rig)( d-Ecision to prot-Ect your own lif-E and t)(-E lif-E of your n-Ew littl-E lab h-Eath-En?" This woman was practically handing him the world to hold within his palm, if he dared to make a mistake they were all at risk. Threatening his life and Sollux's wasn't a wise descision in his own eyes as his experiments were important and for the good of The Empire. Eridan looked at her, a feeble attempt to hold his stoic expression up to her expectancy. Though standing before him it felt like she was breathing down his neck. "Yes." It sounded like an effortless answer, and it was all she needed. She seemed insouciant now, the only thing left to do was kill her heiress. The Empress waved her hand to dismiss him, he turned on his heel and could only strive to comprehend his decision. Was it wise or foolish? His eyebrows knitted together in the bafflement of his own words.

Eridan's eyes caught sight if the table laid out with assorted refreshments, gently picking up a glass of red wine over the rest of liquid beverages offered. The glass was thin and easily breakable, meant for a delicate and precise hand. He never drank, but to omit the fact he just excepted the roll as Emperor was nearly impossible. Sipping the sweet alcoholic substance, it caressed his mouth in serenity. Hoping that it would wipe her words from his infernal memory. "W)(AL-E 'DR. AMPORA', I N-EV-ER TOOK YOU AS T)(-E KIND TO DRINK IN DISTR-ESS." He whipped around and saw Feferi standing behind him. He greeted her gleeful smiled with a sigh. "I am not in distress." He argued in which she begged to differ.
"S)(OR-E YOU AR-EN'T, ANYWAV-ES, AR-E YOU STILL UP FOR T)(AT
DANC-E?" She asked a tad slyly. Eridan took another sip, his lips touching the glass like a feather before setting his glass down, a faint smile gracing his lips. "Of course." His voice came out smooth like silk ribbon as she took his hand and led him out to the ball room floor. Dancing the night away they waltzed, moving to the soft rhythm of the music that played. Eridan feeling guilt and shame in every fiber of his being as he danced with the girl he was meant to make a replacement for, he couldn't even tell her less he wanted to find his head in a guillotine.

Though of course that's only a joke, sort of. Maybe not by a guillotine but he had no doubt the Empress would have his head if he so much as uttered a word about it. As the music faded and the song ended, he swiftly let go of Feferi's hand much to her displeasure seeing as she wished to dance again. ")(-EY GRUMPY GILLS, C'MON I WANT TO DANC-E A BIT MOR-E." She whined reaching for his hand once again only for it to be jerked from her grasp, Eridan turning into a stuttering mess. "Uh-uh, no Fef, not right noww I-I must check on Sollux, this project is delicate and I-" She didn't even give him a chance to finish, huffing with a scowl she waved him off. "I G-ET IT JUST GO ALR-EADY." She grumbled finding it quite unfair that he never spent much time with her and instead paid his experiments more attention then he did real people. With a sigh and a mental 'great job' note hanging in his head, he left the room without another word for the girl his blood pumper yearned for. Maybe there is more happy and successful work waiting for him in his lab.

(BOOM! there's an update. Sorry guys holidays are freakin crazy and I just gotta new phone. I also got a keyboard I've been having fun with and some new art stuff. But here you go!)