Chapter 3 A Tug Of His Heart

(Song: Goodnight extended from Undertale)

He watched from afar. His creation twitched and whispered to itself as it's machanical mind processed new information. Though Eridan couldn't seem to consentrate on his work. The bandage over Sollux's eyes seemed to taunt him of his cruelty and unempathetic behavior. His guilt sifting to anger, how was he supposed to get his work done when his sniveling weak grub of a war machine sat huddled up on the floor muttering to himself, it was so unbalievable pitiful! Eridan quickly stood from his lab chair, the force of his anger made it slide a little ways away. He stomped over snapping his fingers at the dazed grub. Sollux's ears flicked around capturing the scense of Eridan. "Followw me." Eridan swiftly turned to walk away when Sollux caught his hand. He reached up hugging the seadweller's waist in hopes of provoking some sympathy, but to no avail. "Sollux, you wwill let go of me this instant and followw orders." No matter how much it hurt him to regect him, Eridan stood firm as he reminded himself. 'He's nothing but a computer, unfortunate data you're trying to correct.' Eridan gritted his teeth harmfully snatching Sollux wrists, tearing them from his waist he let him drop to the floor. "Get up, and followw me." He snarled loosing his patients. Sollux feared the irritated tone in his voice and did as he was told. Their last experiment hurt and he was afraid of what'd happen if he disobeyed. With his eyes still bandaged, Sollux took hold of Eridan's hand to help guid him, in which the highblood instead rather him hold on to the sleeve of his white lab coat. Seems as though he was avoiding any kind of physical contact with Sollux.

Walking down a long corridor they reached a small desolate room with dull grey walls. Removing the bandages from Sollux's eyes, he took in his surroundings. Eridan gestured for him to walk inside and he did so, his curiousity had gotten the best of him I suppose. "Stay in here." Eridan ordered. The young scientist pressed his hand to a small key pad on the arch of the doorway, only before he could...
"-ERIDAN? W)(-ER-E AR-E YOU?" The violet blood sighed, the preppy voice of the young heiris echoed throughout his lab. The patter of her feet against the stone flooring quickened as she came into view from down the hall.
"-ERIDAN!" She pounced on him, glomping him in a hug. "I MISS-ED YOU! MWA!" She kissed his cheek earning a bright rich purple blush in return she giggled. She loved doing that to him, it was only in a matter of good fun though for her. Can you believe it though? The young scientist had fallen for the Alternian princess, the queen of his heart, he'd do anything for her. Poor sucker, he'd fallen too deep for her to come back up an not be emotionally damaged. Sollux was quite flamed up about this on the other hand. How was it she was aloud to hug his Eridan and he wasn't? And then kiss him? It was positively unfair. However, there wasn't a thing he could do about it. Feferi had caught sight of him. She suddenly brimmed with curiousity. "IS T)(IS FOR TH-E
-EMPIR-E?" 'This'? 'How dare she refer to me in such a manner!' Sollux thought. As far as he was concerned he was he and he belonged to Eridan! "Oh, don't mind him, he's just an experiment." Feferi waved at Sollux with a welcoming smile. "W)(AL-E )(-ES AWFULLY CUT-E." Eridan let out a slightly jealous grunt, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Yes, I suppose, but the more important question is wwhy you interrupted my wwork." Feferi quickly everted her attention from Sollux.
"T)(-E -EMPR-SS WANTS TO S-EA YOU!" Eridan hummed lightly in return. "Is this about my current wwork." He gestured to Sollux who sat quite confused in the middle of his cell. "I WASNT TOLD T)(-E D-ETAILS." "Huh...alright-" "SO )(OW )(AV-E YOU B-E-EN?" Eridan was startled by her question. "I-I find that question highly erelavent, if I havve duties than I must attend to them, you knoww my wwor-" "Y-ES I KNOW WORK COM-ES FIRST ALWAYS BUT CANT YOU JUST PLAY WIT)( M-E FOR A BIT? LIK-E W)(-EN W-E W-ER-E LITTL-E?" Eridan placed a hand under his chin, his gaze falling towards the ground as he entered deep in thought. Only he was interrupted by something grabbing his waist. "Wwha-?" He looked down to find Sollux at his side once again with an obvious glare pointed at Feferi. It'd be a cold day in hell before he let her steal Eridan away from him. The young scientist let out a stressful sigh. "Maybe later fef."

(I'm back! Sorry I took so long but I got busy and then I got sick...and I'm still sick. I'm trying to get better before school starts and I'm also trying to fix my sleeping schedule cause it sucks.
So yeah...kinda feel like I was just shoved into an iron maiden on wheels...wehh..)

)