7%

derek

over the past few days, i could tell aurora's been avoiding me. i was probably too direct by kissing her like that but i mean, i couldn't help it. she was just standing there looking all innocent with those big eyes and plump lips. god damn, the things i wanna do to her.

snap out of it derek. you gotta get her to talk to you before she decides to bang you. lately, she's been hanging out around skate most of the time so i never really get to talk to her alone. but everything changes at 4:21 am.

a faint light is visible as i get up from bed to go get a glass of water. honestly, i couldn't sleep. i just need to talk to her man. i wanna hear her voice and her cute little giggle and i wanna smell the familiar scent of lavender as she lays her head o- woah derek, easy there tiger. what the fuck is happening to me.

i shake my head to try and erase my alarming thoughts from my mind as the person i just was thinking about came to view. she was sitting on the counter, reading a magazine and eating cold pizza from the pie we ordered last night.

"couldn't sleep either?," i ask, interrupting the morning silence.

"holy shit derek, don't do that," she exclaims, putting her hand to her heart. i guess i must've scared her.

"but yes, i couldn't."

she begins to look around the room anxiously, biting her lower lip.

"everything okay?"

"yeah yeah i just-," she pauses to look me directly in the eyes, "what do you want?"

i furrow my eyebrows, not sure how to respond to that. it's not like she said it rudely, she sounded honestly curious.

"what do you mean?"

she sighs, ruffling her hair with her hand and parting it towards the left side.

"ive had my fair share with boys like you and im seriously sick of it. im not the type of girl that you could just fuck once and then pay no mind to. i dont work like that. if you're gonna keep living here, we gotta set some boundaries." she confidently replied, the frustration on her face very evident.

how am i supposed to reply to that? i never really thought of myself like that. i just like a good time, that's all. but whatever, ion want her thinking im taking an interest in her only to screw her. im sincerely interested in her, and i've never really said that about anyone before. its kinda scary.

"im not a fuckboy," i simply say, not knowing how to put how i really feel into words.

ive always had that problem, ever since i was a kid. when i was little, i used to always feel everything in extremes. when i was sad, i could cry a tsunami. and when i was happy, you could see the rainbows in my eyes. i never thought that there was ever an accurate word that described how i feel inside. i dont know, i guess after a while i gave up. i turned everything off. not feeling at all is way better than feeling too much.

"that's not what i heard."

"heard? from who?"

"doesn't matter," she quickly says, dismissing the topic.

i walk up to the counter, and position my body in between her legs so im looking at her straight in the eyes.

"let me prove it to you," i whisper, leaning my forehead gently against hers.

"prove what?," she whispers back.

"that i can treat you right."

+

im actually really proud of this chapter someone give me a round of applause