Chapter 28

"Whose house?!"

"Our house!"

"Whose house?!"

"OUR HOUSE!"

"USA on three. One, two, three." Callie yells over the roar of the stadium.

"USA!" Her team shouts, the next second a cooler of Gatorade is getting dumped over Coach Webber's head. If it isn't obvious to anyone looking on, USA just dominated the British in their last semi-final game and clenched a spot in the gold medal round.

A newscaster is able to catch the excited Callie Torres as she and her team file off the field. "Callie, tell us what your team is feeling right now."

"We're thrilled. We... we're just riding high right now. I mean, we knew we would make it into the finals, you can't not think that going in to these sort of competitions but to finally make it is like... like a weight has been lifted." Callie replies, the surge of adrenaline pushing away her usual stage fright.

"And any thoughts about going into the Gold Medal round down two games to the Japanese?" The female reporter asks.

"You know... it wasn't two losses. It was one loss and one bad call but... you know, we're just going to go in with our game faces on and take care of business. You know? Leave no doubt and just play our game without fear." Torres replies, smiling and waving to the fans and her teammates passing by her. "We're counting on Japan bringing their A game, and we're going to bring ours."

"How is USA coping with the injury of Erica Hahn? She's been one of the top performers in the batter's box during these Games as well as a strong third base man. Does the team feel that loss?"

"Hahn is an ace player and her injury has affected us but, you know, we're all on this team because we are the best. Naomi Campbell is a solid third, and there's a whole list of second strings that can handle the position. Addison Montgomery, Lexie Grey, Arizona Robbins... and that's just to name a few." The Latina replies.

The interviewer catches an opening and goes with it. "Speaking of Arizona Robbins, is it true that the two of you are stuck in a lover's quarrel? If so, how has it impacted your chemistry on the field? What do your coaches and team mates think about the relationship?"

This question quickly sobers Callie up and a knot forms in her stomach. "You know... It's just... Arizona is my teammate and my friend. And... even if we were something else besides that, it's no one's business besides ours. We're both professional enough to not let our off-field relationship hamper our on-field relationship and... and that's all our team needs to worry about. Arizona and I, you know, we take care of business. She gets up there on the mound and does what she needs to do, and the same goes for me behind the plate. Our team and our performance on the field is always our priority. ...Anything else is... our own business."

This vague response is not what the interviewer was hoping for but when she tries to rope the Latina back into the discussion, Callie has already moved on to continue her celebration with her team.

"Ow, damn it Robbins!" Erica whines, pulling her bum ankle away from the doctor after Arizona twisted it a bit too far.

"Man up, Hahn." Arizona growls, taking hold of the swollen joint and pulling back in front of her.

It's the night of USA's victory over Great Britain and the rest of their team is out celebrating somewhere but Arizona and Erica are holed up in Robbins room as the surgeon attempts to get a better look at her teammate's injury. Hahn had to swallow a very large pill to get over her dislike of her fellow blonde, but if there is any chance of Arizona helping her so that she can compete in the Gold Medal round, Erica will do whatever she has to. Even if that means sucking up to the one person on the team she dislikes the most.