Chapter 18

"Grey, Canner." Owen announces and the two players step forward, their duffle bags and other necessities in their arms, and grab the two hotel key cards. "Yang, Bailey." He follows.

"Great." Yang growls. "I got the Nazi." The Korean states as she snatches her key out of Coach Hunt's hand, knowing one Miranda Bailey is not a woman who allows any sort of shenanigans to occur around her. If Cristina and Meredith are going to be having any fun in this leg of their trip, it will have to be in Grey's room.

"And I got Rosemary's baby." Bailey drawls which makes the few teammates left waiting snicker in amusement.

"Robbins, King." Hunt continues, and both Arizona and Charlotte take their key and head off to their room. Arizona doesn't much care who her roommate is at this point as long as it's not Amelia, Erica or Callie. Because surely one of them would end up dead or disfigured, and Arizona knows how to fight dirty.

Callie stares after the retreating blonde, Robbins not having said another word to the Latina since her smoke break last night. Torres is pulled from her guilt trip by Hunt restating "Torres."

"What?" She snaps, head whipping around the see her coach and a handful of other players all staring at her. "Sorry, what did you say?"

"You and Altman." The redhead says, and dark eyes find a smiling first baseman holding up two key cards. Teddy and Callie start to head down the hall to the elevators when the Latina hears Owen continue. "Kepner, Shepard."

"Uhh..." The catcher stops in her tracks, mind going into overdrive. "I'll meet you up there. I need to talk to Hunt about... something."

"Ok." Teddy replies with a shrug, then continues on her trek to find their next home away from home.

Turning back to the lobby, Callie intercepts both Amelia and April on their way to the elevators. "You two, wait." She says, not making eye contact with the pitcher. Torres can't stand to be in Amelia's company, not only because she's a disgrace to the team, but also because of what she forced Callie to do with Arizona. Using their relationship to keep Amelia on the team, it was way low. And the Latina has been sick about it since Arizona left that stairwell. It's eating her alive.

The last pair to be assigned a room approach and Erica's eyes locks with Callie's, the two silently figuring out how to handle this next obstacle. Grabbing Hahn's roommate's key card, Callie says "Kepner and Little Grey, you're rooming together." The two captains need to make sure that Amelia stays sober, and Callie isn't about to babysit, which means that responsibility falls into the other captain's lap.

Mouth agape, Lexie starts "But Coach-"

"We voted, you lost." Erica snaps, cutting her younger teammate off. Lexie and April exchange a confused look while Amelia paws at the carpet with her foot. The tension within the team has risen drastically since that night three nights ago, but no one outside of the very unlucky four knows exactly why. With an evil eye from both their captains, Kepner and Little Grey head to their room.

Turning to eye her two fellow conspirators, Callie clenches her jaw and lets out a strangled sigh. "I can't... why did I let you two talk me into this?"

"Eye on the prize, Torres." Erica replies nonchalantly, like this whole thing isn't eating her up as well. But it is, just not in the same way it is with Callie. She's worried about losing her chance at gold, where as the Latina is more upset about what it's doing to her team. ...Her Arizona. With a stern look to the pitcher behind her, Erica gives a tight nod to her co-captain and then heads off to their room. Amelia offers a tight smile and follows, leaving a very nauseous feeling Calliope Torres behind.

Callie Torres is not so fully immersed into some gossip magazine that was next to the register at Team USA last pit stop. They had been at the hotel for a couple hours now and had no real plans for the night. One of the downfalls of traveling like they do is that enormous amount of down time each of the women have. Not only do they not have individual transportation, but most don't have the pocket change to go out and entertain themselves in each city they stop in. But they each find a way to pass the time. And yet time seems to be dragging on prolifically for the Latina. Her mind isn't shutting up and letting the issue drop. All those things Arizona yelled at her, those pieces of the blonde's life that she has kept close to her chest, they keep replaying in her mind. And it's eating her alive.