十四 | spirit

" please tell me he's going to wake up. he has to wake up. "

my ears fluttered at the strange voice. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear. it was soothing, familiar.

the voice sounded like it was panicked, raspy and hoarse.

I couldn't move. I had no idea why I couldn't but I knew it wasn't good.

" sir, I'm sorry but I don't know if he will wake up. when it comes to a bishonen case, if he doesn't wake up, he simply doesn't want to. he doesn't want to remember you. if he does wake up, he knows you mean something to him and you have a special significance to him, but he still won't know who you are. "

the voice let out a loud sob, causing my heart to lurch. I felt like I wanted to comfort the voice, although I didn't know who it was. what were they talking about?

" what- what do you mean he won't know who I am? "

" he'll remember monsta x and the guys, but he won't remember you. he'll know you're in the group but he won't have any account of any moment he's shared with you. you'd be like a stranger. "

we're they talking about me?

" is there anything I can do to help him remember? "

" be patient with him. he may never remember or a moment in which he's experienced before can trigger deja vu and cause him to remember. "

after hearing the heart wrenching sob once more, I felt something move. my fingers were being enlaced into someone else's. for some reason, it felt so right.

I felt the soft texture of lips brush along my hand, wet tears falling into the skin.

" hoseok, please wake up. I love you, I need you. "

my heart fluttered at the voice, not knowing who on earth this could be, but knowing their hand belonged in mine.

" I don't know if you can hear me, but just know that you are in every aspect, gorgeous. I never want to hear you say another bad thing about yourself. I need you to continue, I can't live without you by my side. "

my eyelids began to flutter open, feeling like a ton of bricks. I let out a groan, feeling exhausted.

I suddenly heard a gasp and a chair sliding against the tile.

" he's waking up! "

I winced at the loud sound, tightening the grip I had on the persons hand.

just as I got my eyes open, a wide worried pair of brown ones met mine.

" hoseok? "

my eyebrows furrowed at the person, head tilting in slight confusion.

" who are you? where am I? "

I began to panic, eyes darting wildly around the bland white room.

" sir, please calm down. you're in the hospital. you had a bishonen anxiety attack. "

I looked up at the doctor with wide and confused eyes.

" bishonen? I don't have a.. "

suddenly my eyes looked over to the brown haired male who had just let out a loud cry, burying his face in his hands.

my jaw dropped slightly, feeling overwhelmed.

" I will leave you two alone to talk. "

I stared at the sobbing male as the doctor clad in white left the room.

my heart dropped as he looked up, eyes bloodshot and puffy, looking utterly distraught.

" you're my bishonen? "

he nodded, sniffling.

" yes. I'm your boyfriend as well. "

my eyes widened in excitement. I had a boyfriend?

" really? what's your name? "

he looked drained, putting a fake smile on his lips.

" hyungwon. "

" how long have we been together? "

" not long. only a month. you were afraid to confess to me for so long but I felt the same way about you all those years. "

I smiled at his words, shyly playing with his fingers.

" I heard what you said earlier. I may not remember that much about you or us for that matter. but I can tell I mean a lot to you. "

he nodded and I felt bad that I couldn't remember our relationship.

" we're in this together, yeah? you help me, I try my best to remember and we can eventually get back to normal. "

I noticed the velcro cast around my ankle.

" why is my ankle- "

" you rolled it during dance practice a couple days ago. you were being stubborn and kept on begging me to let you leave the bed but I knew it wasn't better. I know my boyfriend like the back of my hand. "

we sat there in a comfortable and broken silence for a while as I continued playing with his fingers.

" hyungwon? "

" yes, babe- I mean hoseok. "

I blushed at his stuttering.

" it's fine, you can call me that. you're my boyfriend, you're allowed. but anyways. um..can I.. "

" can you what? "

I mustered up the courage to look him in the eye, heart rate increasing at the sight of him.

" can I kiss you? I don't remember what your lips feel like and that makes me upset because I feel like I used to memorize what they felt like. "

he smiled brightly, cheeks tinging a rosy color.

" of course. "

I pushed down the nervousness, slowly leaning in towards him and hyungwon met me half way, connecting his lips to mine.

suddenly an image popped into my mind, seeing myself in the arms of hyungwon, giggling as he kissed me over and over again.

was this a memory?

with just this kiss, I knew this man was obviously someone I couldn't bare without.

" I'm never going to forget you. "