Chapter 7: Demon's Hole

Livia's watch read a few minuted before ten. She examined herself in the mirror.

She was dressed in a Bauhaus t-shirt with her black denim vest over it, a studded choker coiled around her neck, a pair of black skinny jeans, a stud belt, and her hair was as good looking as she could manage.

In her pocket her phone buzzed.

Nyx: We're here.

Coming. She texted back as she walked out of her room, casting one last glance at the little plant on her windowsill.

When Livia got downstairs, Tina was reading and eating ice cream out of a plastic bowl.

"Nyx and Eldric are here." said Livia.

Tina raised her head smiling and said, "K, have fun. Did you grab your key?"

"Yeah," Livia said as she opened the apartment door, "See ya later, mom."

A black Corolla was parked by the sidewalk. From the driver's seat, Nyx waved up at her.

Livia waved back and walked over to her car.

-------------------------------------------------

Undead! Undead! Undead!

Livia imagined that this is what being in the middle of a crowd at a concert felt like. Red and black lights flashed overhead, music blared; and the bass made the floor vibrate, and the black-clad dancers around her on the dancefloor seemed to swirl endlessly. Eldric stomped his feet and swung his crazy hair around to the music, Nyx moved her arms and neck in serpentine motions to the music like a ritual dancer, and Livia just put her hands up and swayed, because she honestly didn't know much else about dancing than nights spent in her room dancing to Within Temptation.

After a while on the dancefloor, Livia and Eldric retired to one of the tables bordering the floor to catch their breath.

She looked around. Despite the colored lights it was difficult to see the ceiling. It just looked like a big black haze, parts of it just visible in purple and red. The walls were covered in framed Victorian-looking paintings of gorgeous vampires, some holding the heads of their kills; some still in the process of feeding, and on the same walls hung posters of bands and of past and future concerts held in Demon's Hole's concert venue. There was a bar area, lit up red, and tables bordering the dancefloor, which lay in front of the concert venue. To Livia, it was your regular home away from home.

"Enjoying yourself?" asked Eldric, through a smile.

"Hell yeah!" responded Livia, smiling back.

"My personal favorite is the Count crawling down the wall." he said, pointing to a painting depicting a scene from Stoker's Dracula novel.

Livia glanced back at the painting, smiling, then back at the crowd.

And froze.

Her eyes scanned the crowd of dancers again, trying to spot what she thought she had just seen.

"You ok?"

Livia turned back to Eldric. "Yeah."" she replied, "I thought I just saw someone I knew."

"Hey guys!" said Nyx, popping up next to them, carefully holding three cans of Monster Energy in her lace covered hands.