The Stranger

Apollo. He was, without a doubt, the reincarnation of Apollo. The Stranger seemed to exude sunshine and warmth; the very soul and essence of the legendary God of Light and my gaze was drawn to him like a moth to a flame. So gone was I in my unabashed worship, that I tripped over a small scattering of pebbles and fell flat on my face. Streaks of white hot pain simultaneously raced up my arm and ankle as I landed awkwardly with the flattering grace of an elephant.

With cheeks flushing deep hues of vivd scarlet and anger at my own inadequacy, I endevoured to make a half-hearted attempt to salvage what remained of my dignity when a large, tanned hand entered into my field of vision.

"Are you all right?" enquired a deep voice. I mentally swooned at the warm dulcet notes that caressed my ears and almost begged him to speak again so that I could once again hear melodious words enunciated with his crisp tones and cultured accent.

"I'm fine, thanks. Nothing bruised other than my pride." I answered wryly and placed my pale, slender hand in his. Without any prior warning he pulled me up abruptly which, as a direct consequence, put our faces in close vicinity of each other. So close, in fact, that I could feel his breath tickling my eyelashes.

Of course that sensation faded to the background as the shock and slivers of pain that raced up my arm caused me to gasp sharply. Or rather it should have faded to the background. Yet all I could do was stare at this perfect deity; this quintessentially flawless man which made my pain seem inconsequential.

His eyes enraptured me. Ensnared me. Captured me. Dizziness overwhelmed me as I drowned in the endless depths of his gaze, unable to escape... unwilling to.

"Liar." uttered The Stranger, his voice betraying lazy amusement.

"Huh?" I replied oh-so-cleverly, the honeyed timbre of his voice snapping me out of my trance-like reverie, as I peered at him questioningly.

"Liar." he repeated, "It's pretty obvious that you hurt your arm - don't deny it. And you're not putting any weight on your left foot."
Tightening his grip on the arm in question, he lifted it up and I was unable to supress a wince.

Great. Did those gorgeous hazel eyes miss anything? I was irritated by the fact he could see through me so easily yet flattered and charmed by the knowledge that he was paying such close attention to me. Irritation won.

"Ok fine, Sherlock Holmes. You guessed right. My arm and ankle are kinda hurting and my head feels dizzy. You get an award, well done you! Wanna call 999, Boy Genius?" I snapped back with each of my words dripping in derision.

Well shit. Was that me speaking? Why was I acting like such a prickly, ungrateful brat? Why was I feeling so defensive?

It only made me feel worse when he smiled gently in response and held out a bottle of water for me encouragingly.
"Drink some water, it'll help with the dizziness."
I felt lower than a sewer rat as I took the bottle meekly and, with a muttered apology and thanks, I greedly guzzled from it. Something inexplicably strange shifted behind his eyes as he followed my every action and I felt exposed all of a sudden.

The taste of the water broke that particular thought process before I could follow it through. It tasted sweet. Almost too sweet. And as I was about to enquire about this peculiar taste, the man opened his mouth and said, "Oh - I didn't even introduce myself. How rude of me! I'm Damien."

"Alice." I replied breathlessly after a few seconds of silence. My mind felt slightly disorientated which I chalked down as a side effect of being in the precence of such a charismatic specimen. Mentally shaking my head, I smiled gratefully at him again before saying,

"Thank you so much for helping me up. Most people would not have even spared me a second glance and would've carried on their way."

"It was nothing. How could I ignore someone in need? It's not such a big thing I did so please don't feel indebted to me in any way."

Oh. My. God. Who was this guy? Was he real? Imagine how awseome our ship name would be.... Dalice. Or Alien. Ok, maybe not the last one. Once again I was so immersed in my thoughts that I forgot that Damien was still waiting for me to say something. I mentally face palmed myself. Really. Freaking. Hard.

"Well I kind of do feel a bit like that." I laughed nervously, my voice an octave too high to be considered normal. Seriously, was this what I had been reduced to? Kind of do feel a bit like that. Those words actually came out of my mouth. I cringed internally and wished for the heavens to strike me down before I died of humiliation. Oh dear God. Take me now. Wait, that didn't come out right...

My mind was rambling nonsense and was becoming more clouded - so clouded that I couldn't discern what I was thinking about and what I needed to actually say out loud.

"If you really want to do me a favour, make sure you get that ankle looked at or at least, go home and put some ice on it." Damien advised, seemingly unaware of my total brain flop. I relaxed after this and smiled flirtily. Tried to. I gave it my best shot. Whatever.

"So... I have to go now. Maybe I'll see you around sometime? " The hope in my voice was mortifyingly evident and we both knew I was fishing for his number. My coy little act reeking of desperation was clearly in vain as once again his countenance changed and an inscrutable expression appeared on his face before his whole face went blank. Sigh. Rejected.

With disappointment forefront in my demeanour, I started to walk away, wondering if there was a device which could wipe certain memories from the brain, but I had yet to take more than three steps when I was yanked back harshly.

"Ow!" I shouted and glared at Damien. And Damien. And Damien. There were three of them??? I squinted my eyes and suddenly there was four of him. Well it didn't matter if he was a triplet or a quadruplet - all of them looked hella mean all of a sudden so there was no way I was staying here. Not for all the cookie dough ice cream in the world. Not even the Ben & Jerry's brand.

I tore my arm out of his grip and broke out into a stumbling run. My mind was a jumbled mess as I looked wildly around for someone to help me. Anyone. Where the blooming hell was everyone? The streets were freaking empty and to top it all off my legs refused to work properly.

They were like jelly and I knew that inevitably they would stop supporting me. And just as that thought passed through my head my legs buckled.

Timbeerrrrr. I thought uncaringly as my face once again became intimate with the cold hard gravel. Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground hahahahahaha. Screw you Taylor Swift. Wait... who's Taylor Swift?

A shadow fell over me ominously and I looked up blearily to see the blurry outline of Damien who had now lost his genetic copies. What.... what have you done to me? I tried to say but my tongue felt like a dead weight against my mouth. This was his fault. Somehow.

You arsehole. I thought viciously hoping my thoughts would transmit to his brain through telepathy. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT ICE CREAM IF MY MOUTH DOESN'T WORK????

My limbs felt heavy and my eyes began to slowly droop. It was almost as if I was drugged... the water!!! God I was so wrong. So bloody wrong. Yes he was like Apollo. How could I forget that Apollo did some pretty shifty things too? I groaned at my idotic and possibly fatal mistake as my mind sunk further into the abyss. My vision dimmed alarmingly as I tried to stay awake when a phone went off and Damien's voice pierced the air,
"Hey it's Chris. I got another one you might be interested in. Chinese girl around 5 ft 1. Brunette; long hair. Yeah it seems like she's legal but then again, does it really matter? Trust me, the buyers will go nuts for this pretty little thing." He chuckled darkly.

Chris? I wasn't even worth a real name. Fantastic. Absolutely. Fan. Freaking. Tastic. I stopped fighting the darkness, too weak to withstand its allure any longer, and just before I surrendered consciousness the severity of my situation hit me.
I was so screwed.
Everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Well. That was certainly something. This is my first time posting anything on Wattpad so guys please for the love of Pink Panther GO EASY ON ME. This was originally a part of a creative writing story I had to do for English and somehow it ended up here. Constructive criticism is welcomed but anything too unpleasant or rude will be dealt with accordingly *intimidating face*
Thank you silentsssss for giving me the courage to post this ♥♥♥♥♥
Remember guys.... STRANGER DANGER

~InspiringCraziness