13 / A Daisy's Confession

Start from the beginning

Shrugging even though the voice couldn't see me, I responded glumly, "I don't know. I never got a chance to talk to that person... I even missed their birthday."

"I'm sure that person was upset too. You should ask the person. You'll have a peace of mind when you do," the voice suggested.

Thinking about it, the daisy was right. 

Observing the area, I wondered who this voice actually belonged to. I figured the voice was standing straight ahead. Too bad a vine wall was separating us.

Well, maybe it was for the best. It was like doing confessions.

However, I shook my head and lied, "I think I need to leave that person alone. He's just a delivery boy anyway."

"For just a delivery boy... he seems pretty important to you."

Before I could answer, my cellphone started ringing. The caller ID was blinking Mom. 

Turning back to the "daisy", I announced, "I'll think about what you said. You've been a big help. My fellow daisy, I have to go now."

I didn't tell anyone about this conversation though, not even Vanessa. Just reliving that particular moment was starting to question my sanity.

"Maisie! Hold on!" a voice poked my thoughts away.

Stopping myself in the middle of the hotel lobby, I quickly looked over my shoulder and found Logan waving to get my attention. Ever since he saw me crying that one night, he had a hard time letting the subject drop. I told him many times that I was okay, but I knew he was reading past my tainted expression. Guilty, I've been avoiding Logan just as much.

Seeing the sight of him was kind of surprising. Logan wasn't wearing his everyday business attire. Instead, Logan approached me wearing casual clothing — he looked like one of those trendy models I saw in Vanessa's fashion magazines.

Smiling, I waved.

"Hey Logan. I'm just about to go home. What's up?"

When we met at a reasonable distance, his midnight blue eyes glowed from the sunlight. Logan chuckled, running his hand through his jet black hair. 

"I don't know how to say this, but I'm getting the feeling you're avoiding me."

Going along with his laughter, I shook my head and replied, "Me? No, of course not! I'm a little surprised seeing you not in work attire."

Logan looked down at his clothes then back at me. He grinned.

"I had a meeting early this morning, but that's all. No work for the rest of the day."

This must be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had to admit, even though I've been keeping distance from the Valentino's, I noticed how occupied the three were becoming. 

Once, I overheard my coworkers saying how the Valentino's deal with their family business from early morning to past midnight. Just staying up during the day got me exhausted already. 

Nodding, I gave him a smile.

"That's great news. Any plans for you?" 

As I waited for a reply, I noticed Logan cleared his throat and looked away briefly. Thinking something was wrong, I angled my head curiously.

Finally, Logan looked back at me and kindly suggested, "Actually, I don't. Since I saw you, I thought maybe we could spend the day together."

Shocked, I bit my lower lip, but it sounded like a good idea. Logan has been there for me even if I did try to avoid him this past week. I smiled gently, telling him that I'd love to.