Chapter Thirty.

Songs for this chapter are:

When We Were Young- Adele (Guys, I just saw Adele in concert this weekend and it was a life changing experience for me. She was perfection and I'm kind of even more in love with her) 

Love You in in the Dark- Adele (did i mention she's amazing live?)

Say You Won't Let Go- James Arthur (I'm obsessed with this song)

Love You Goodbye- One Direction

Assassin- John Mayer

...

Landon's POV.

I push past Dakota and stand in front of Nora. "A husband?" I ask her. My voice is high, broken at best.

She blinks at me and we both hear Dakota approaching behind us. Nora sighs, "It's a long story."

A long story?

A long story is adding a lot of details to something. A long story is much simpler than a secret freaking husband. This is worse than her being a spy. Much worse.

"A story you didn't share me with me." I quietly remark. "That's a pretty important story."

Nora nods, her stature is calm and collected, the exact opposite of me right now. I feel like I'm being stuffed into a closet that's too hard to escape. Is she worth all of this trouble?

I look at her and look inside of her. I explore her, remembering how much progress we made tonight. The memory of her laughter rings through my head. The way her fingers feel massaging my skin and the way her sweet mouth tastes.

Another thing I can't forget is how she makes me feel so good about myself. She deserves something for that.

"I'm not going to stand here and fight with her all night," Nora whispers to me, just out of Dakota's earshot.

Dakota clearly has other plans. It seems that she wants to do just that. Her voice is loud.

"Oh, so you didn't tell him? Well, don't feel too bad, she didn't tell us either until we got a bill for him." Dakota keeps harping and one of these words is going to cause one of us to snap. It's like the whistling of the wind just before a storm, you can feel it coming.

"It wasn't any of your business, Dakota. And it still isn't. I didn't tell you anything about my life because it doesn't concern you. You're not entitled to know what's happening outside of that apartment. The only thing you should be concerned about is whether or not I paid the rent."

Dakota snaps her mouth shut and opens it again. "You-"

"Both of you-stop it! We aren't going to stand here and bicker all night." I look at both of the women wearing matching expressions. "Stop it." They both look so surprised to be called out.

"We aren't bickering," It's Dakota who talks first. "Just tell her lying ass-"

"Stop it!" I raise my voice. Dakota's eyes widen.

Nora is silent, staring at me with me with calm eyes. I need to talk to her, alone. With Dakota here nothing is going to get resolved. "Dakota. Go home, I'll come get you in the morning. Text me your flight and I'll see if I can get on it. But you need to go, now." I look at her to make sure she knows I'm serious.