Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Can I have a look?" I questied pointing to his stomach. Harry just nodded and I lifted his t-shirt slightly to have a look at what Hershel had done.

There was very little damage just a few stiches along the line of his stomach, I slowly put his shirt back down and kissed his forehead.

"Time for you to get some more rest I think. I'll be right here when you wake up." I said with a slight chuckle as he yawned.

"Okay." He whispered as he closed his eyes and snuggled in to the blanket.

I sat at his bed side for a while and he finally fell asleep, letting out a quiet snore.

"Come on then." Daryl said whilst getting up off the bed.

"What?" I questioned giving him a confused look.

"He's sleeping. We should leave, you need a break." He said softly.

"I'm not leaving him. I said I would be here when he wakes up." I stated simply.

"He'll be fine if we're not here. You need a break, we can come back soon. We should leave him sleep." He whispered heading towards the door.

I shook my head as I stood up from the bed and looked up at him.

"Stop telling me I need a break." I whisper yelled. "Being a mother isn't like that, you can't just decide you want to have a break and leave them on their own. Do want to know what I really need?" I asked looking him straight in the eye.

"W..What?" He asked looking rather confused by what I asked.

"You're right I do need a break. A break from you." I screamed and turned my back on him.

"But..."

"Just get out." I yelled.

I heard the door open and Daryl sighed before shutting the door behind him.

"Bye.." I said quietly before going over and flopping down on to our bed. The room was quiet and I started to drift off in to a sleep until the door crept open.

"Go away Daryl." I stated loudly.

"It's only me Sam." The familiar voice said softly.

"Dale." I said sitting up slowly on the bed.

Dale came over and sat beside me on the bed before resting his hand on my knee.

"What did he do this time?" He asked soothingly.

"Who?" I asked innocently hoping he wouldn't say anymore.

"Daryl." He stated simply.

"Nothing." I said slowly. I didn't want to go in to detail but I knew I was right to tell Daryl to leave.

Harry was my Son, I didn't want a break from him, I didn't need to have a break all I needed was to be right by his side if he needed me.

"Sam." Dale called bringing me out of my thoughts. "It can't be nothing. If it was nothing Daryl wouldn't be slamming and banging everything in sight." Dale said looking me in the eye.

"He keeps saying I need a break and he always wants me to leave Harry. I know he is a growing boy and he does need his space but I really don't want to lose him." I whispered sounding defeated by my own words.

Dale nodded his head and gently squeezed my knee.

"You're right. He is a growing boy and in a world like this it is hard to let them do their own thing. Sam it's your choice how you raise your son but sometimes it is okay to listen to other people." He soothed as he stood up and walked towards the door.