MiniCat

Inspired by the song: Those eyes by Pamela Lillard.

....... .......

Oh, those eyes that my sweet baby has. He can see the world go by him. He's a wallflower. You see things and you keep quiet about them. And understand. Tyler is just something so precious in this distressed place. He almost assuages me when I'm not having a good day.

His eyes are full of colour, if you come close enough you can see how beautiful his eyes truly are. They glisten in the light.

At night, I can't see his beautiful eyes. Although, I see something else that is just as beautiful, something that warms your heart.

Oh, that smile my baby has. He sleeps whilst the world goes by. Tyler's dreams are made of shadows, something that can cause him to toss and turn. I'm always there to help ease him, I give him gentle forehead kisses and hum soothingly. If you come close enough you can see his beautiful smile whilst he's asleep. It warms my heart to see him smile, I treasure the moments Tyler does.

Even if it's just a brief smile, I know it's not always a forced one. I could always tell if they were forced or not.

As we walk through the city, we pass by these people playing music magnificently. Oh, those ears my sweet baby has. Tyler listened to melodies and smiled his beautiful smile.

We danced a little to the music playing, the melody of it so simple yet lively. Life's full of rhythm, if you do move inside, you can feel beautiful sounds. With him, I felt it. I'm sure as all hell that he felt it, too.

The sun was setting and the two of us were sitting atop the roof of our apartment building. I looked over to him, he sighed quietly, his eyes were focused on the hues of red and orange and yellow and pink fill the sky.

Oh, those eyes my baby has. He watched as all the world turn in. Tyler's eyes were full of life, like they always were. Seeing the liveliness in them just gave me some hope that there's more of these precious people in the world.

Tyler rested his head on my shoulder, I pulled him close to my side. He looked up at me and our gazes locked. The light altered and I could see his beautiful eyes. I smiled at him meekly. He did the same. This was far more beautiful than the sunset.

He planted a soft kiss on my jaw. He shut his eyes for only a moment, before nuzzling into my shoulder. I placed a soft kiss atop his temple.

"I love those beautiful eyes." My voice was barely a whisper.

Tyler chuckled lightly. "I love you, Ty."

    When I looked up to the sky, it was dark. The day had bled into the night. It looked devoid of stars, but then I realised they were in his eyes. "I've been stealing stars for you, but I always seem to forget you have galaxies." I rub his arm soothingly.

   "I've noticed."