• A Lot Like Screwed-Up: Rewrite

As I'm nearing the end of A Lot Like Trouble, which is the last Arlington High book I intend to post to Wattpad (to see why look at • Updates / FAQs), I aim to go back and edit and rewrite book one. From my end, during the first year people liked ALLSU, since time has passed, I see people don't understand Regan's character as much as I would like, and some even stop reading at the 26th chapter. While that's all fine and dandy since I know some people like it regardless, I feel as though I should rewrite / rearrange things to make the first book better. This is solely so that when I attempt publication it doesn't turn away editors with the continual back and forth.

         I wanted their ship to be screwed-up and I outlined screwed-up events that would plague them, but I find that readers weren't liking the tug of war Regan and Guillermo went through. Being that the series has no "Bad boy" I think I'll dive deeper with Memo's background and reputation to start the series off with spice, and lengthen Regan and Troy's relationship a bit and cut on some of his jerk side.

         I'll definitely make this book be where it all happens in their junior year, therefore making Troy a senior. I may have to scrap some things and write new material. We shall see. When it comes to Deceitful Intent I am currently writing its third version, and a friend of mine has been telling me from 2011 to keep one particular scene, so when I wrote the second version I made sure the scene was intact, and as I'm drafting version three, I aim to make the scene stick. Some scenes I liked in ALLSU was the hotel stay and anything revolving pool.

         Sound off below on your favorite moments you hope stays.