20. Digging into the past

Start from the beginning

Tears flowed down my cheeks uncontrollably and I was no longer thinking of Aria. No, my thoughts were too crowded with memories of someone I used to share a life than be able picture Aria's face right now. I thought of someone I used to know. Someone who was very dear to me once but was ripped from my arms and moved on from this world. The fallen angels took her from me.

I moderately walked over to this woman cautiously, who I used to know so well, and grabbed her shoulder.

"Nicole." She looked startled.

I looked her up and down but she looked at me in fear and disgust. This broke my heart. She didn't even recognise me after all this time. She was taken from me and now she's disowning me.

"Who are you?" This stung. "I'm sorry I don't know you."She barged past me and walked over to a different table with some other people, who I assumed were her friends. I didn't know them but, then again, there was a lot about Nicole I didn't know. She only told me what she wanted me to know. She told me that she had a troubled past and I never got to know the details.

I was devastated right now.Someone who looked just like her was so different. My Nicky was still gone. Buried six feet under.

Still, I couldn't control my feelings. I had to know for sure. Everything put aside, my feelings I had for her didn't fade away after all these years. Seeing a face so similar, I wasn't thinking straight. I had to know if this was her. My heart needed closure. I needed closure. If there was a small possibility that she was still alive, I had to know.

She had been gone- dead- for 2 long, dreadful years but here she is, standing only metres away from me. I glanced Over at her then walked to where she was standing.

I looked into her perfect brown eyes then kissed her. My heart lit up and I felt a spark re-ignite between us after all those years of pain, heartache and darkness that her disastrous death put me through.

The kiss only lasted a few seconds before she immediately pulled away.

"Who do you think you are?" She yelled. She sounded angry which tugged on my heart.

"I'm Ezra. Nicole it's me." I said. Maybe reminding her of my name would help her remember who I am. Coming back from the dead could do that to a person. I couldn't stand her not knowing who I am and that she would have forgotten my name. She was the love of my life. All of that couldn't have been removed from her mind. She's not Nicole. I frowned.

"I don't know you Ezra. You must be mistaken, I'm Amanda. I do recognise that name though. My twin sister was named Nicole. " I was taken back by her news. Nicole had a twin sister and she never even mentioned her. "She died 2 years ago."

"That's my Nicole." I looked down at the floor. "She never mentioned you."

"She never mentioned you either." She said. I continued to stay quiet for a few minutes then a single tear drop fell from my eye. "I'm sorry I kissed you. I have a girlfriend right now but I just had to know. If Nicole was alive, everything would have changed. I still miss her." Amanda patted my back as a sign of sympathy. She reminded me of Nicole. She was kind like this too.

"I forgive you Ezra. It's not your fault. Nicole never mentioned me." I smiled at her, trying to stop the tears which trailed down my cheeks. "Ezra is this "girlfriend" a rebound. Not that it's any of my business but you kissed me. If I were in fact Nicole, how do you think your present girlfriend would feel if you kissed someone who isn't her? Do you love her like you did with Nicole because it sounds to me like Nicole is still in your heart?" I gulped. This couldn't be true. I loved Aria with all my heart.