20. Digging into the past

Heres what youve all been waiting for. Lets see if you were right. Thank you to everyone who has gotten this far. Imma just let you read now.
************************************ Earlier today
.
.
.
Ezra's Pov

My eyes flashed open and I was welcomed by the rays of sunlight. It was beautiful outside but yet it still felt like a dull day to me. Something was missing from the picture. Aria was missing. Being without her made me cranky and restless.

Blinded by the light of the sun piecing through the curtains, I rolled over and looked at the clock on my bed side cabinet. It wasn't too late but I decided to get up anyway. Anything to get me up, thinking about anything except Aria.

My feet dragged across the floor and my arms moved in a zombie motion. I could imagine myself having big bags under my eyes if I looked in the mirror right this second. I didn't though as I probably would be scared of my own reflection. I didn't get much sleep last night and now my everyday life is being affected because of my lack of sleep. Nevertheless, I had to move on with my life until Aria and I were able to see each other again. I hoped that was soon. I didn't want to be away from her for another second.

I made myself some cereal then sat at my table, eating alone in a deafening silence. I hated it. I lived alone and I guess I missed the idea of waking up with someone in my bed and sharing the mornings with someone. It's the little things that make a moment special.

Crunching my cereal in silence only added to my severe heart ache. I yearned to feel Aria's skin touch me. Whenever our bodies collide, I feel delight and pleasure and happiness. Lots of happiness.

After I had eaten my cereal, I put on a casual shirt and trousers then left my apartment. I had to keep myself moving. I made my way over to the brew and sat in my usual spot. I felt worse than I did before. I came here every morning to meet Aria. Coming to the brew only made me thing about Aria even more when I really needed to think about something else at a stressful time like this. I couldn't help it though no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't get her out of my head.

I stared into thin air, at the seat where Aria would be sitting. I need to get over this, at least try. She's only grounded. It's not like we are breaking up. I'm making a big deal out of nothing but it still hurts. I see her almost everyday. When we don't see each other, she texts me but I guess, being grounded, her phone was confiscated as well. I sighed in disappointment and ordered a coffee.

Minutes past as I continued to stay at the brew in case Aria was to walk in any second. I was beating my self up. Waiting for her was torture because I knew she wouldn't come. Unless she reasons with her mum, she is not leaving her house which means more heart ache for me.

My coffee arrived and I took a sip. I decided to finish marking some books that were due to be handed back to the students tomorrow. I brought them with me like I do everyday. I try to mark a few everyday to even out the days. I don't like sitting at home with nothing to do so I mark a few at a time.

I did my best to keep Aria out of my mind for now but I couldn't not think of her pretty face. She consumed my every thought. Even when I try so hard not to think of her, she finds a way to creep into my mind. It hurts knowing I can't be with her right now.

Once I took the last sip of my coffee, I gave up waiting. She wasn't coming. I just gave my hopes up.

When I left the brew, I saw a really familiar face. I was actually frustrated with myself because I thought my mind was toying with me.

A woman with shoulder-length brown hair sat at the stool where the mini bar was. She wore a black maxi skirt and a creamy white blouse. He hair looked a bit darker than when I saw her last but I was sure my eyes were not deceiving me. I even pinched myself and blinked ten times to see if I was having a really bad dream. The pain and loss I felt a few years ago came flooding back to me.