Chapter 13

ALEX POV:

After three knocks my parents opened the door for Aviana and me.

"Hey dears come on in," my mom greeted.

It's been a month since she moved to my dad's house. I feel guilty for not hearing her explanation for why she left us when I was 5 years old. She told us the whole story. She told us that it was because of that Josh guy that is now at jail. He was with mom in the high school and had a crush on her or simply loves her. When he knew that she was engaged he got furious and told her to let go of dad and marry him, but she refused because she don't even like Josh so she didn't do as he told her to. When mom was pregnant with me he knew, he threatened her, he told her that he will kill me once I will be five years old. She begged him not to, but he don't have simply a heart he have a stone that is beating. Then he told her that he will not kill me if at my fifth birthday she will leave us and come to him, so I will stay safe and because she love and care about us she made up a fight with dad. She asked us to forgive her and told us that we were separated for almost 20 years so no need for waiting more, she told us that we should live together, like a hard bonded family. It took dad and me a week to sort our thoughts out, but later we forgave her and she moved to dad's house.

And here I am showing them my girlfriend.

We went inside the house and greeted my parents. We had dinner and while chatting about school it looks like Aviana's parents and mine were friends in elementary school.

My parents loved Aviana, thanks god they did. After that fight between dad and me I thought that they will never at least like her. It was in the evening and my dad visited me suddenly, I was happy happy so he knew something is wrong, so he asked if I got a girlfriend and I said Yes, then he started with his questions. He was so angry when he knew that she was an ordinary girl, knowing dad he love wealthy people. Then he left angry, I don't know how it's kind of magic how he agreed to meet her, unlike mom.

After hours of talking and the non stop questions of my parents, we went to the park. The simple place that my princess always love.

"Sooo," she decided to cut the tension between us that was formed for no reason.

"I bought you something, it's at your house now, after tomorrow we're going on a date okay?"

"Okay, I guess,"

"Do you know what?" I closed my eyes then grabbed her tightly by my side, so no space was between us, "do you know that you are my home, the one that I was always wishing to have once, that I will come to it whenever I am angry, upset, mad, happy, bored, great, whatever my feeling is. Do you know what is the difference between a house and home?"

"Oh baby, you're mine too, I can't imagine what I will do without you. No I don't know the difference,"

"A house is a place that you live in, that you eat, sleep, and so on in. While a home is a place that you feel comfortable in that you love, and you Aviana Anderson is my home,"

"Did I hear that you love me in an indirect way?" She asked me excitedly.

"Yeah princess, I love you very much,"

"I love you too," I stood up grabbed her hands and in a few seconds she was in the air, I hugged her tightly.

"Alex.......air.......I'm dying." I chuckled and let her down.

****Author's Note****

Please vote comment and share
Wish you are enjoying my story
Much love

~Sahar Dirani~