Chapter 16

Chapter 16 (Irfan POV)

Past

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" My mother asked me.

"Yes. I just stay home and rest you guys go and enjoy." I told her.

After celebrating Eid my family have a tradition of travelling to visit relatives around the world. Since I couldn't fast one day in Ramadan, I'm fasting today. I don't like to travel when I'm fasting. So this time I'm staying back.

I decided to nap a bit as I got nothing else I could do. Just when I lay down my phone binged. I lazily reached for it. It was a message from Aqsa.

A: salam. Fida is not well. She got a high fever and resting at home. So she is not joining us. Just call her and check up on her later. Ya? I'm switching off my phone so bye.

What she has a fever? Must be from yesterday. I quickly called her.

"Hello Assallamu Alaikum"

"Wa alaikum salam. Can I speak to Fida?"

"Speaking"

Uh? It doesn't sound like her.

"Uh, this is Irfan."

"Oh hi, Irfan. Do you need anything?"

Hi, Irfan? Really?

"No, I don't need anything. How are you? I mean I heard you are not well. How are you feeling?"

"Me? Ya, I'm not well. I was sleeping."

"Sorry to disturb. Just calling to see if you are alright."

"Uh huh."

"You there?"

I suddenly heard some other voices through the phone. Some male and female voices. Are they her friends? What's happening?

(Fida POV at her place)

"Fida? Are you ok?" My little niece, Yumna, asked me.

"Ya. Let me sleep. Go away." I said groggily.

I absolutely hate it when people disturb my sleep. No matter how much I love to sleep I have trouble sleeping at times. I get pissed off when I'm trying to catch up on it. And to add on, I have a high fever. Ya Allah saves me from these disturbances.

"Ok, we come later to see her ya?" my brother in law came to pick her up.

"Wait. Are you on your phone? Who are you talking to?"

"Uh? I don't know. Some guy?" I said not remembering who I was talking to.

"Some guy? Fida you are engaged and you are talking to some guy?" He asked me in disbelief.

He took the phone.

"Hello, who is this?" He asked.

"Uh, I'm Irfan. Is everything ok?" The guy replied.

"What? Ya." BIL replied.

"Fida you forget who you were talking to?"

"Ya, who is it?" I asked.

"It's Irfan. Your fiance. You were on the line for 30 minutes. What did you two talk for so long? That too alone?"

"What fiance? When did I get engaged?"

"Fida! Don't joke around. He can still hear you."

I got up very confused. Ya Allah! How did I forget about him? This so embarrassing.

"Haha, I'm just messing with you. You did ruin my sleep after all."

He gave me a look.

"Oh, Irfan I'll call you later. Fida was just messing with me. Ya ok bye salam." He said quickly and cut the call.

"Fida you don't joke around like that. What happened to you?"

"Nothing chill. He just called to check up on me. I must have fallen asleep. Don't stress too much."

"How he know your number?"

"Aqsa gave it to him. I'm supposed to join her to travel but I fall sick and I'm here. She must have told him to check up on me."

"Aqsa who?" He asked.

Oh ya. He doesn't know who she is.

"His cousin bro," I replied.

"Ok, next time don't talk to him alone."

"I switch on the speaker. So anyone can hear what we talk. And nothing really happened don't worry."

"Sure sure. Be careful alright? Don't just forget about your future husband ya?" He teased me.

" Ah ok. You don't start with it. " I said not much liking where it might lead to.

"Ok I leave you to whatever you wanna do and rest well," he said picking up Yumna and left my room.

I went back to my bed and tired to fall back asleep but couldn't. I don't really remember what I said to Irfan. What if I blabbered something irrelevant to him? How can I even forget he was the one I was talking to? Ya Allah helps me.

And little did she know about her future.

{A/N: what a lame and cruel reference to her future. :'( why did I even do that?}

(Back to Irfan POV)

That was one weird phone call I ever encountered. I was on the line with her for half an hour. She falls asleep in between her talk. And look like she wasn't aware what she was talking about. Lucky her brother in law intervened. One thing stuck to me, though. She is totally different from what I saw her all these times before. I smiled and went to pray. Alhamdulillah!

______________________________

A short update.

Don't kill me for the cruel reference I did.

Tell me what you think.

Comment and vote.

See ya later!

Bashayar!!