9

Justice 💙

Before I could address Connie I was guided to a car to have my day of pampering .

Now I stood in the walk in closet filled with all my new belongings. I had over 40 new pairs of shoes and countless new outfits . More than I've ever had in my life .

I walked over to the full length mirror and admired my hair , since my hair was a good length I didn't need weave so I just got it silk pressed with a part going down the middle.I ran my hands through it loving how it felt . I looked at my nails admiring them as well .

I have never had fake nails. It was different, I felt pretty. Prettier than I have in....well my whole life.

I was knocked out of my thoughts as someone knocked on the door. I walked over and opened it revealing Jason with a long box in his arms .

"You look beautiful" he said as I side stepped allowing him to come in .

"Thank you" I said going to sit on the bed.

He stared for a while before handing me the box .

"Sorry I didn't mean to stare,this is for you to wear tonight. We will be leaving in two hours" Jason said as walked towards the door

"Haven't you bought me enough stuff " I said motioning towards the closet .

" It's the perks of the job in order to be the part you gotta look it . You can't expect the girls to respect you if you don't look like your on their level . Better yet higher than their level" he said leaving me to think

"I'll be back in two hours" he said walking towards the door .

I muttered a small okay as the door closed .

Making sure he was gone I ripped open the box revealing a long sleeve Valentino dress and shoes to match .

I got excited as i rubbed the expensive material then the words said to me so many years ago ran through my head .

___________

"Jay why do we have to live like this " I said as we sat on the roof of Hope Foster Home.

He looked me over thinking of an answer.

"So we could find eachother and be Best friends" he answered innocently.

" I'm serious Jay " i said holding back tears

" I want a mom and a dad like a regular person " I said as the tears fell.

He came over to hug me.

" Stop crying J, we are here because we are strong. Just think about our future" he said something he always did when I got in these moods.

"Close your eyes" he said still holding on to me.

I did

"Now imagine your dream house, with the dog, the kids, the fence , the pool and everything else you ever dreamed of having" he said pausing allowing my mind to wander.

I seen a beautiful 4 bedroom home , 3 kids , 2 cars , and most importantly 2 parents .

"Now think about how much you'll appreciate your future life having gone through what we're going through right now. I'm not saying it's gone be easy to get there. It's going to be hard like Ms.Jones English hard" He said causing me to laugh

"But " he continued " it's all going to be worth it in the end "

After moments of silence Jay spoke again.