Chapter 14- Becoming The Bad Boy's....What?

Start from the beginning

           “Nice job ignoring Drew,” he smirks as I take a seat. I nod before placing my head on the cold table.

           “Your enthusiasm is riveting, really,” Adrian sarcastically remarks.

            I ignore him.

        “Okay, I’m going to need you to come outside with me so that I can finish our project,” he states while standing up with the outside pass and sketchbook in hand. I huff as I follow him into the small courtyard. I watch as Adrian sets up in front of a small tree, motioning to a swing that hangs there. I reluctantly move to sit on it. I am so not in the mood to play Venus de Milo. I don’t even smile as I sway lightly with the wind on the vine covered wooden swing.

       “Come on Mona Lisa, you better smile,” Adrian teases making me crack a small smile. Who would’ve thought Adrian of all people would be the one to get me out of a slump? We continue on like that for the rest of the period, with only minor quarrels. We exit the classroom side by side, my day looking slightly better than the way it actually started.

        “Okay, I gotta go talk to Drew, wait here,” Adrian orders. I nod and watch as he heads off to the grouchy bad boy. Lucas comes to stand by my side with a beaming smile on his face.

         “Drew getting to you?” he questions.

        “Why would he be getting to me?” I cross my arms over my chest. How could the cute, heartless bad boy with the captivating blue eyes be getting to me?  

             “You know why,” he sings playfully while nudging my shoulder causing me to scowl.

          “No, I hate him, just like he does me,” I reply. Lucas moves to stand in front of me, blocking my view of Adrian and Drew as they speak.

          “He doesn’t hate you,” Lucas shakes his head, I merely wave him off.

          “I’ll prove it to you,” I step back as he leans in closer to me.

          “What are you doing?” I ask nervously.

         “Watch, it’s going to look like I’m about to kiss you to Drew, he won’t allow it,” Lucas smiles. I stand there with an unbelieving expression as Lucas leans in nearer and nearer, a mere breath away…a cough snaps our attention to the side. Drew wears a scowl alongside a smirking Adrian, somehow I think these two bad boys planned this.  

           “What do we need to talk about?” Drew grumbles.

           “Not here, we’re going to Khloe’s house to have this conversation,” Adrian states.

            “Fine, you need a ride?” Drew directs his blue eyes to me.

         “No, thank you, I’m riding with Adrian,” I decline as I head to Adrian’s black and red car, not sparing another glance to those blue eyes. We drive silently to my house and pull up at the same time, one car after the other.

          Claire lets us in happily as my coming out of my secluded haven has made her happier. We all head to the living room. Adrian, Sammy and Lucas all take a seat on the loveseat. I head for one of the armchairs, where Kohl places his butt on my side and Drew takes the other one. It’s quiet for a while, none of us saying anything.

        “You have one minute to say whatever it is you dragged me here for,” Drew’s cold voice speaks up.

     “I want you to bring Lucy back in here where she’ll be hidden safely, along with providing protection for Khloe,” Adrian explains.