Chapter 15; Snap Out Of It

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Nothing, I just... I love you." He murmured, placing his hand on top of mine and stroking it gently.

"I love you, too." I said.

I meant it, but something was playing on his mind. Just as he grabbed my hand, the waitress came back and we sprung apart.

Alex sighed and picked at a little scratch on his hand. As soon as we got our food I began to eat leaving Alex to his own devices. When I looked up about twenty minutes later I had seen that Alex didn't take a bite.

"Al...What's wrong?" I murmured.

Alex just shook his head and sighed. I sent a pout his way.

"C'mon munchkin, tell me what's wrong."

He smiled at the nickname but it was soon gone, "Why were you up late last night?" he murmured.

I flinched and didn't reply.

I looked back down at my food and swallowed the lump in my throat.

I was just about to lift my fork to take another bite but Alex reached across the table, lowering my hand.

I looked up into his worried eyes. I let go of the fork, and he slipped his hand into mine, holding it tightly.

"Miles Kane." He said softly.

I squeezed my eyes shut. I didn't want to tell him. He squeezed my hand again and I knew that I had to tell him at this point, he wouldn't drop it.

"Last night, I just..." I paused.

How do I say this to Al? How do I tell him that I wish that I could display my love for him to the world? How do I tell him that it hurt my feelings that he wanted to cover up the love bites that I gave to him on the day that we finally confessed our feelings? I sighed and looked into Al's eyes. I probably could have cried.

I tried to speak again but I felt my throat close up and tears brim at my eyes. I got up quickly pulling my hand away from Alex's and walking quickly out of the restaurant.

I wrapped my arms around my shaking body trying to push away tears. After a little bit I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jump.

"Mi...please baby tell me." he murmured.

I flinched and whimpered finally letting the words escape me.

"I want everyone to know we're dating...and I'm mad that you wanted to cover the love bites." I blurted out.

I took a few steps backwards, my arms still wrapped around myself. A tear slipped out my right eye. Alex just stood there, looking down.

He looked up, tears brimming his own eyes.

"Mi, come here..." He began taking steps towards me, but I kept stepping back, my tears slipping out.

I was finally by a wall and couldn't move anymore, and Al wrapped his arms around me. I let out a sob as I burried my face into his neck.

"We'll talk about this at the hotel, what's the address?" He asked.

I parted from him, a little surprised that he didn't give me almost any response. I turned away from him, wiping my tears and pulling out my phone.

"Al, what about your food?" I asked, turning around.

It was then that I noticed the little bag that he had, which held the containers of both our foods.

I sighed and wiped away more tears, whispering the address to him.

"Let's walk. It will help you calm down." he smiled but I could tell it was fake.