Training with yield

"Nothing in this life is achieved lying down! Now go out there, don't play badminton, play goodminton heck play greatminton" --------- Anonymous

*One year ago*

"I'm a god, over ten millennia," Hades continued, his helmet wedged in his arm.

"Then how do you look my age" Erebus inquired curiously.

"Because I have magic," Hades replied, a duh tone to his voice.

"All you did was throw a stone at my ankle" Erebus teased; jealous of the Hades' good looks

"Oh yeah," Hades shouted

"Yeah," Erebus retorted

"I can also do this" Hades smirked as the sun disappeared and a radiant ball of light hovered violently over his palm

"I want to learn how to do that " Erebus smiled sheepishly

*Present day*

It was not surprising that the days Erebus and Hades spent together were far from dull.

"Hold on" Hades grimaced timing his apprentice

"What is this even supposed to do" Erebus mused through gritted teeth, desperately trying to stop water from rushing into his mouth.

Hades had taken it upon himself to train him in the art of magic, something Erebus felt quite sceptical about.

Arduous labour without end, day after day he strained himself to perform daunting tasks, like scaling the highest mountain in the forest for example, or reaching the core of the wilderness without his bow and arrow, and worst of all, performing a horse stance under water for five minutes; a feat he was currently performing.

The current had dared his balance on numerous occasions before, and this time was no different.

I cannot hold on much longer, he thought, tears welled in his eyes as he pushed through the pain, his legs growing weak, stubbornly trying to face the waves head on.

Will Power, his grandfather was an expert on the subject, he told him always told him only cowards gave up.

Balling his palms into fists his eyes flashed with steely determination.

Time passed and the colour of the creak tinged with red.

Solely with willpower, he snapped his bloodshot eyes open, his consciousness lasting long enough to know he had completed his task, relief washed over him like the salty water that cradled him ashore.

"Are you alright?" Hades asked, a hint of concern seeping through his nonchalant expression.

"I'm fine," Erebus wheezed, coughing out water as he got up.

"Can you check now?" Erebus inquired

"Fine" Hades replied, his hand ploughing through his gold hair as he smiled childishly at the boys eagerness.
Erebus could not help but feel jealous; he wished his hair was blonde not ginger

"Stretch out your hand" He instructed

Erebus did as told, nodding excitedly as he did, he longed to take his first steps on the road to immortality.

"Nothing" Hades sighed, pity found in his green eyes.

"What do you mean nothing?" Erebus asked in disbelief, Hades had told him that exercise was key to breaking his bottleneck, and he believed him.

"We start again at the crack of dawn," Hades hollered, his voice trailing behind him.

Erebus fell on his knees, devastated, his grandfather's beautiful memory sullied by failure, he could not take it, and he felt like burning the whole forest.

A strange black flame appeared between his fingers, hovering gently over his palm.

He had magic. He had magic! He was not a failure! He had to tell hades.

Excitedly he chased after his mentor, running with an almost inhuman pace, though Hades was in his sight he did not have a chance to call out, tripping over the wet grass.

He watched on in horror as the fireball venomously hit Hades whom fell face flat on the floor...
Twitching

"I am so sorry" Erebus exclaimed, his features stricken with panic as he rolled him over.

The pain had not registered before Erebus was sent tumbling into a tree.

Hades' arm hung in the air, clearly the source of the force.

Enraged; Erebus hurled a host of fireballs, dotting the sky.

Hades rather than take them head on, darted from tree to tree, the greenery consumed by flame.

Cautiously Erebus scanned his surroundings-his weight balanced on a branch- his eyes resting on a tree with an ominous looking black shaft.

I wish I had my bow and arrow, he thought.

The flames almost as if they had read his mind, transformed into a bow and a quiver of arrows, striking the floor with a thud- the quiver he strapped on his back.

Plucking an arrow from the quiver, he notched it onto the bow; taking aim, he fired.

Wind blew and the arrow flew waywardly towards the tree, it was not however lodged in, rather it bored through.

Shocked, Erebus barely had enough time to process what had just happened.

It was supposed to be a shot on the arm, not through his back!

His stance turning into sprint, he ran.

A bloodied Hades lay behind the old oak, concerned Erebus placed his head on the immortals chest.

With a poof Hades disappeared, a puff of smoke taking his place, Erebus' eyes could not help but widen, his mind recalling Hades' cloning ability.

A cold stare burrowed through his back; he did not need to turn around to know it was Hades behind him, nor did he need to see in the future to know he was about to be buried six feet under.

"Son of Zeus" He cursed.

A.N: Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it, please vote and comment if you did i promise i'll be update every thing-a-magig