Thirty Four

I was currently in the pack kitchen with Liam and Kate; my hand lightly patting Kate's back as she shakily sipped at a cup of tea.

*FLASHBACK*

The moment the words of me leaving escaped my lips, Luke lost it.

He flung his chair into the wall before smashing his hand right through his desk.

Kate stood and watched in horror as he lost his mind, his wolf clawing at his skin like the demented creature it was...

But it wasn't his wolf who came spiralling out and ready to attack me.

It was the devil itself.

"YOU. ARE. NOT. LEAVING. ME!"he roared, his mucous flying all over my face.

"I'm not staying either." I smirked.

If there was one thing that I knew for a fact, it was that Luke would never hurt me... No matter how far gone he was.

"YOU ARE MINE!" he snarled as his hand grabbed hold of my neck and his fingers latched on tight.

"I am yours." I breathed visibly seeing him relax, "But I am their Alpha too."

"NO!" he roared but I stood there, unmoving.

Watching.

I placed a hand on his chest, gently pushing him forward, my eyes never leaving his as I shut the door with the heel of my foot.

I kept pushing until his back hit the wall mine was up against not so long ago.

I nodded towards Liam and a shaking Kate, the scurrying shuffle of feet followed by the clicking of the door sounding.

"I'm leaving." I breathed.

Luke roared, the force of it rattling my bones to the point where goosebumps travelled down my spine.

"You are NOT fucking leaving me!" he snarled.

"I will leave. Because if I don't, nobody will stand for my people and they will die." I paused, "And if they die, I will fucking kill you!"

"Try it..." he breathed "I dare you to fucking try it."

"What kind of fucking mate are you?" I swung and grabbed the vase off his desk, smashing it into the wall next to his head as tears ran down my face.

His eyes held sadness and slowly his bones started to crack and realign themselves into their vulnerable state.

"One who cares." he breathed.

"If you really care for me and my feelings, you'd let me be what I was born to be." I whispered.

"And what happens to us? To me? To Maeve and Maximus?" he looked towards the floor.

"I'm taking over a pack Luke... Not dying." I chuckled.

"Then how will we do this?" he breathed before shutting his eyes then looking up at me.

"Easy. Once I'm Alpha and I'm settled in with my old pack as their leader, we merge."

"That would mean more mouths to feed. A bigger dungeon. -"

"No."

"What?"

"If we merge... They're still my people. My pack, my rules... You have no say."