Kisses punches and hospital lights

"What're you thinking about?" He whispered against my hair.

The movie was playing in the background as we cuddled on the couch and I honestly couldn't put my finger on any moment in time in which things had felt so perfect.

"It's just kind of weird, I guess" I shrugged staring at the screen as a woman dragged a man through snow, in handcuffs.

"What is?" Seth asked.

"This" I nodded shifting so I was on my back and able to look at him, "Did you think that, by the end of summer, you would have feelings for your sort of roommate?"

"But not" He grinned looking down at me, "I guess not. But once I saw you and you actually challenged me during dinner, I knew there would be some kind of spark between us. I just didn't know if it would be good or bad"

"So it's good?" I asked seriously.

"It's better than good" He said kissing my lips gently. I placed my hand on his cheek as he allowed his tongue to explore my mouth. Running his hand through my, now messy hair, he began slowly making circles in it, making me shiver. I reveled in his gentleness and the way his touch, alone, could make me feel so at peace and so at one with him. I didn't want to leave his hot embrace or his soft lips. I wanted to stay in his arms forever....

"TRISH!!" The scream had me toppling to the ground, with Seth's hands still tangled in my hair. I screeched in agony as he tried to untangle himself and quickly shot away from me as he looked to the body of the voice.

"You little" Was all I heard before Seth was thrown into the wall.

"Elliot! Stop!" I yelled as my brother pounded a fist into Seth's face. He was practically naked, save for the SpongeBob boxers he wore, and red with fury. He landed another punch in Seth's side muttering curses.

"What...Did...I...Tell....You....About....My....Sister?" He yelled as each punch connected.

Seth, all this time, had been taking the punches in stride allowing them to connect.

"Elliot, Stop!! Please!" I yelled repeatedly. Deciding that yelling was doing nothing, I ran to where Elliot had Seth pinned to the wall and tried grabbing my brother off.

"Get off!" Elliot grunted landing a new punch in Seth's side. It was, at this point, that I wanted Seth to do something. Punch him. Bite him. Anything.

He just stood there allowing each punch to connect and it scared me more than anything as his lip split open from the impact of another punch.

"Elliot!" I screeched again digging my nails into his hands. With an angry snarl, his fist flew back at me and I shot into the glass coffee table, breaking it to pieces.

The sudden sound seemed to shake Seth out of his reverie as his eyes formed angry slits.

With one fluid motion his back was off the wall and he threw Elliot to the ground. Jumping on top of him, he began landing heavy blows into his face. For the first time ever, I found my brother was matched and judging by the angry grunts coming from Seth, he was in pain.

I wanted nothing more than to scream but my throat was raw and an agonizing pain was cutting through my side.

"Elliot what the hell is~" My mom yelled from the stairs. She broke into a run as she witnessed the scene in the living room and the first thing she did was run to my side.

"Mom, no" I whispered raggedly, "Help them"

"Oh my God" She whispered running to the boys, who were now rolling across the glass that had splayed across the carpet, "Talia!!!!"