First Day in the Future

Začít od začátku

"Very well." Ciel said in a composed tone before Sebastian helped him off of the boat.

The garage that held the cars was next to the docks. There were actually two garages, one significantly larger than the other one. The larger one was owned by Brianna, the third leader of the coven. She was very passionate about classic cars and often bought them and fixed them up for her own pleasure. Nyra was going into the smaller garage, which held a wide variety but not nearly as many vehicles. She went in without them, since Ciel didn't see any need to go with her. Ciel and Sebastian didn't have to wait long before Nyra rolled up in a silver Lexus. She smiled excitedly.

"Hop in boys." The witch said.

The two of them did know how to work car doors but were surprised by seatbelts. When Nyra mentioned that the car could go over one hundred miles an hour Ciel immediately buckled up. Sebastian said he didn't need a seatbelt, saying he could survive any crash. Nyra's eyes narrowed and she proceeded to buckle the demon in like a child. Ciel found it rather amusing but one threat from Nyra to get him the kid's menu at the restaurant made him behave.

"You're treating us like children." Sebastian said, seeming a little irritated.

"Start acting like adults and we'll go from there." Nyra countered before starting the drive.

Though more playful arguing happened throughout the drive, Nyra's two passengers stared out the windows in wonderment for most of the ride. Such tall buildings and amazing feats of technology, the drive was actually quite quiet for the most part. She found their wide eyed looks to be adorable; of course Ciel would deny that he was so openly impressed. They were so entertained by the sights around them that they barely noticed how long it took to get to the museum.

The museum was a massive and beautiful building with large columns and its statue exhibits brought back fond memories for Nyra. Sebastian as well, it appeared as he recalled a few stories. Ciel had gone off to look at a statue that had caught his attention (one that wasn't of a nude person) while Sebastian told Nyra a story from when he was around for a particular statue's creation.

"I actually helped with the creation of this one." Sebastian said, looking up at a statue of a nude man.

"Really?" Nyra asked.

Sebastian didn't respond, he pointed down to a name on the plaque before the statue. Nyra looked down at the name before her eyes widened. She knew that name, she had met him. Yet again, a time where she had met Sebastian. She was so young at that time as well. Nyra turned to the demon, a small smirk on her face.

"You don't recognize me, Euphemios?" Nyra asked softly.

Sebastian studied her before smirking. "How could I forget you, Alexandra?"

"I suppose that makes you Khamet as well." Nyra said, crossing her arms.

"That it does, Aneksi." Sebastian said before taking her hand and pressing a kiss on her knuckles.

Nyra scoffed. "You know that flowery words and gentlemanly gestures don't work on me." Nyra said, raising an eyebrow as she looked at their hands.

"That's not true. While empty words and gestures don't work, genuine compliments and the like do get you flustered. All I have to do is speak the truth and if you blush I know you're flattered." Sebastian said with a smirk.

"And you think so highly of me that you could give me a genuine compliment?" Nyra asked, rolling her eyes.

"Yes, I do." Sebastian said. Nyra looked at him curiously. He still hadn't let go of her hand but she was so curious that she didn't bother to pull it away or reprimand him. "Do you remember that night when you asked me what hell was like?"