Ch. 28 - Target Model

Start from the beginning

Elliott smiles softly, a proud look on his face.

"Okay. Wait. He knows? You told him. But you didn't tell me? What is this?"

"Guess my girlfriend likes me better," Elliott says, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

Flynn opens his mouth to object before clamping it shut and looking off into the distance. He remains concentrated on some object over our heads, his eyebrows crinkled together.

"Damn!" Yogi screams, breaking into Flynn's silent reaction. "Cheers to that freaking news!" He grabs Elliott by his shoulders and pushes him back and forth in excitement. "My boy got himself a girlfriend!"

Everyone cheers, whooping and clapping their hands together loudly. Angelina and Jase even stop kissing to join in. It's incredibly awkward for both Elliott and me as we sit there smiling for a whole minute of applause. Things settle down shortly after, once Yogi leaves to dive off the cliff.

"Flynn," I start nervously, "are you okay?"

He purses his lips. "Me? Oh, I'm fine." Tipping his head back, he chugs the rest of his beer. "So, you two are seriously dating?"

"I wanted to tell you, but I-"

"But you couldn't risk the kids finding out and telling your mom. I get it." He smiles warmly and winks in my direction. "I'm happy for you two." He stands up and walks to get himself another beer.

Elliott rests his elbow on the table, his fist under his chin. "That wasn't the reaction I was expecting."

I laugh. "Not everything has to be so dramatic, Li. Your siblings watch too many soap operas."

"Yeah, but Flynn is the epitome of a soap opera star. To not even react in the slightest to finding out his best friend has been dating his nanny for weeks behind his back? It's so unlike him."

I shrug, glancing over my shoulder to look at Flynn. "He was probably just hoping you had something more exciting to tell him. I mean, he thought you were about to be a dad."

"Well that's unlikely since he's not getting any action from you," Yogi snorts, plopping down at the picnic table.

I wrinkle my nose at the stench of his sweaty body and his annoying comment. "You don't know what you're talking about, Landon."

Yogi lifts his eyebrows. "Oh? So, you two are screwing?"

"I didn't say that."

"Did you take like a chastity pledge or something, Lynch?"

"Yogi, knock it off," Elliott mutters.

"You know I'm just messing around!" he exclaims. "I love your little Ivy."

I smile awkwardly. "So, when do you guys start initiating people?"

"I'd say in a few minutes," he answers. "The first bunch are some college kids Jase and Angelina know that won't last. Hardy and I picked out the keepers, you know?"

"Who picked out Elliott?" I ask, poking Elliott's stomach with my pointer finger. He smiles and takes my hand in his, gently placing a kiss on the back of my hand.