Chapter 13 - "It wasn't just a crush."

Start from the beginning

"Jake will keep you company tonight." I said as I pulled on my jacket two hours later. "I assume you're still going to the pub with me?"

She nodded and took down her own jacket from the hook.

"I didn't know Jake was in town."

"Visiting his brother. It's about time he moved his ass down here too, though."

"Yeah, I miss him."

Do you miss me?

"Maybe you can invite him to your birthday party." I suggested and opened the door, watching her walk out first.

"Good idea. I'll talk to him." She said, flashing me a smile, as I was about to lock the door.

And just like three years ago, her smile was still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Olivia's point of view

"Coleman! Wait, I mean Crawford!" Jake yelled as he approached us.

"Foster." I grinned and wrapped my arms around his neck for a hug.

To my surprise Niall and Jake actually hugged each other properly too, before Niall excused himself to go change into his bartender clothes.

"Niall told me you were coming, so I saved you a seat." Jake said and guided me towards the bar. I crawled up on the barstool and Jake sat down next to me.

"So, how are you?" He asked.

"Good. How's things with you?"

"Great actually. I'm here looking for apartments. It's my turn to move down here as well."

"That is great! Niall could really use a friend."

"Yeah, he's been kind of bummed out lately... or the last couple of years to be honest. I guess it started when you two broke up."

"Oh..."

"But don't think about it too much. I mean you do have a new boyfriend, don't you?"

"Yeah. Niall and I are just friends."

"Come on Olivia." He snorted with a laugh. "That shit might have worked back in high school, but we're adults now. Either you're in love or you're nothing."

"Then I guess we're... nothing."

Just when those words left my mouth, Niall came out from the back in the same clothes when I last met him at this bar. He placed his hand on the other bartender's shoulder, saying something in his ear. The other guy smiled and disappeared into the back. I guess his shift was over and Niall would take over.

He walked up to us the first thing he did.

"What can I get you?"

"Beer." Jake said.

"And for the lady?" Niall mocked and looked at me.

"What do you suggest?"

"Maybe a Cosmopolitan?"

"I trust you." I said, and he smiled before turning around to get our orders.

"I have to ask you." Jake started off, and I turned my attention to him. "The fake identity. What was that all about?"

"Do you want the long story or the short version of it?"

"I have time." He grinned as Niall placed a beer bottle in front of him, and handed me my drink just seconds later.