Chapter 9: Good Luck

Comincia dall'inizio

"Didn't you just gave me $1000 last time? On that writer mission?" Flame asks, his eyes widening at the $6000 dollar stack in his hand. "Wha-! Wait, how come he has a $1000 more than us? And now he's got $2000 more?" Mask exclaims. Flame couldn't help but smirk and give her a mocking smile, "You jealous?" Mask rages, "Let me at him! Let me at him!" Beast held onto her as she struggles to get to Flame.

I throw myself into the head chair and slouch a little. I really want to rest but school is in a few hours anyway. I take out my phone and started sending some texts around. Suddenly one caught my attention. "Sorry guys! I gotta go, I'll come back later!" I rush out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone watched as Phantom suddenly rushed out of the room. "What's up with her?" Red asks. "Not sure. But it happens. She's always going somewhere." 2bullet says as he counts the rest of the cash and hands the envelope to OO9 to keep. "Always?" Red raises an eyebrow. "Always." 50k confirms. "Where'd the tablet go?" 2bullet asks, looking around. "Phantom took it." Trixie replied. "Sneaky too it seems." 2bullet sigh, "I didn't even notice."

~~~~~~~~~~

"3 million."

"1 million."

"2.5 million."

"1.5 million."

"Look kid. My services ain't that cheap."

"I beg to differ. I know what you're going through. Why you have the money." I toss a file towards him. His men crowds around him as he opens in. As he reads his eyes widen and his brows rise.

"1.5 million, final offer." I say, voice sharp as a knife. No room for negotiation.

"Alright kid," he leans against the wall in the alley we were standing in, as he tugs the file under his jacket. "What do you need?"

~few minutes later~

"Kid we ain't talking cheap. Soldiers and guns are two different things."

"I know but what I want, I get. You'd understand."

"Fair." He enters in his details before signing the contract. Once he was done I snatched the tablet over and tuck it away. "Great doing business with ya." I started to turn and walk away. "Kid." I turn back and face him. He starts to take out a cigarette and one of his henchmen take out a lighter. "Be careful will ya? You may be rich but you're only 14." In a flash I grabbed his box of cigarettes. "What about you?" I take out my gun. They froze for a second, waiting to see if I'll attack and make our contract void despite the long negotiation we just had a moment ago. I took out a cigarette and swiped it across the handle of the gun and it lights. I shove my gun and the box into my pockets. "You may have great services but in the end you're still you." I take a whiff and blow out through my mouth. "I don't have that carefree life." I took in another whiff and blew some rings. "K-kid. You smoke?" He stutters. I glance at his unused butt, the burning end was growing longer and I watch as it burns some more before falling to the ground. "It's a trick of the eye. You can't always believe what you see," I drop my butt and rub it out with my heel before turning to walk away again, "or hear."

~~~~~~~~~~

IRIS/PHANTOM POV

As I make my way back into the meeting room, I noticed some oddities in the air. I open the door of the room. Ed was in the room, sitting in the head chair. Everyone was sitting around the table, formal style. Actually only Vince's team was since my team never sits like that, hands and legs together? Er no thanks. I make my way to a seat, I then noticed everyone's eyes on me. They wanted something that's for sure. As I sat down and made myself comfortable, Sue gave me a cup of tea. I take a sip before saying, "Hell no." Jennifer laughs, "You haven't even heard the news yet." I put the cup down. "It's never good when it comes from Ed." Tricia shrugs, "Maybe, but there are a few times its good. Like..." she drags out the last part, "okay never mind."